47

Betty arrived at Southside with files

Betty arrived at Southside with files. Jughead was in the newspaper room -- currently in the zone working on a story. Betty opened the door into the Red and Black with a grin on her face.

"Betty," Jughead said looking up.

Betty looks around, "So, this is the Red and Black." She said.

Jughead was worried -- why was she here at night. It isn't safe during the day, let alone at night.

"You cannot be here at night unless you are armed." Jughead said.

She smiles, "Well, I am." She chuckles.

"Okay, honestly, Bets? I hit pay dirt," He says as he stands up, "Do you remember how no one could explain the local component of Clifford Blossom's drug pipeline? That jingle-jangle, the stuff Moose and Midge were on?"

Betty nods, "Mmm-hmm."

"It's coming from here. My dad said the Serpents never deal in hard drugs, but the Ghoulies do." He says.

"Well, is it wise to be writing about gangs and drugs while you're doing to school here?" Betty asks.

Jughead smiles, "Are you worried about me?" He asks with a smirk.

Betty nods, "Well, yeah, Jug." She said.

Jughead stepped close to her, "I thought you liked me reckless." He says.

Just then as the two were about to kiss -- the door creaks and appearing at the door was Toni. She was just finishing sending a text -- probably to Peter, and then glanced up noticing Jughead had company.

"Oh, sorry, guys." She smiles, "I didn't see the sock on the door."

Jughead smiles at her, "It's okay."

Betty gives a small smile -- but a bit confused on who she was and how she knew Jughead. Toni comes over with a smile on her face.

"Hey, Toni," Jughead said, "Ah, Betty this is Toni. She is the photographer for the newspaper."

Betty nods, "Oh,"

Jughead turns to Betty, "This is Betty, my girlfriend."

Toni held the smile on her face, she stepped forward offering her hand for Betty to shake.

"Hi," Toni extends her hand out, "Toni."

Betty accepted it and the two shook hands.

Despite the fact that Toni had known about Betty for a while because of Peter. She had to lay low and not seem like she had knew who she was. She didn't want to have to deal with so many questions.

Toni tilts her head, "Huh. You're not at all what I pictured."

Betty seemed baffled by that, "Really?" She asks, "What did you picture?"