52

The aftermath of that party, Peter woke up on the floor -- his shirt was off but his pants remain on

The aftermath of that party, Peter woke up on the floor -- his shirt was off but his pants remain on. He groaned as he sat up. Most of the teens in the hotel room were still out of it, including Nick.

As Peter sat up to look for his shirt, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He pulled it out to see text messages from his mom.

She had been wondering where he was. But he had told his mom he was at a party -- after that, guess he lost track of time.

Peter ran a hand over his face and groaned again -- now gaining such a massive migraine. He sound his plaid button down shirt and began to put it on.

Without wasting another minute, Peter left the hotel room.

~RIVERDALE~

Peter had stopped at Pop's before heading home -- he needed a cup of coffee. So when he arrived at Pop's he ordered a cup to go, and then paid the diner owner.

Peter waited for his cup to come and then heard the bell ring -- indicating someone had arrived.

"Peter?" It was Betty's voice.

Peter turns around, he sees the blonde ponytail girl standing there. A moment of worry was evident in her eyes.

"You okay?" She asks.

Peter nods and then says, "Never partied like that, ever." He said.

Pop hands Peter his cup of coffee -- to which the boy thanked the older man. Betty didn't seem to know what to say next. Peter took a sip of his coffee and then checked his text messages, before he looked back up at Betty.

He wanted to say something -- ask why she blew up at Veronica. After all, Veronica has become a good friend of his for the last few months.

"Um- so last night-," Peter starts.

Betty shakes her head, "No. We're not going to talk about it." She said.

"Betty," He says, "You blew up at Veronica, your best friend."

Betty still shakes her head, "Not- Not anymore."

There was hesitation in her voice. Peter could tell something was wrong -- he wasn't sure what it was exactly. Was it her mom? Alice was pretty controlling and from what Peter remembered at the beginning of the year, she didn't want Betty near Archie nor Veronica.

"I don't expect us to be friends," Betty said.

Peter gives her a confused look, "What?"

"You're friends with Veronica," Betty said, "And you're dating a Serpent. I can't be friends with someone like that."

Peter looked angry for a split second, "What- What has gotten into you, Betty?"

"Nothing, Peter. I'm just telling you what kind of person I really am." Betty said.