15

"I can't believe you, Peter

"I can't believe you, Peter." Ned exclaimed.

Peter was motioning for his friend to keep it down. They were sitting at Pop's Diner -- just hanging out.

"Sh," Peter said looking around, "Don't let everyone hear!"

Ned sighs and shakes his head, "Dude, no one here is going to tell Betty." He points at the group in the diner.

It was mostly older people -- seeing as Ned and Peter had arrived there for morning breakfast before class.

Peter nods, "Right- Right."

Ned looks at his friend, "Look, I don't see what the problem is, Peter." He started, "For years you told me you had this plan on how to handle the Betty situation and now it's here. However, instead of telling the girl of your dreams how you feel you just get scared."

Peter sighs, "I know, I know." He frowns, "I- I always wanted to tell her what I thought but, what if she doesn't see me the same way?"

Ned picks up his coffee, "Then you forget about her, dude. As hard as it is."

Peter frowns not saying anything.

"Look you need to deal with this before it becomes unhealthy." Ned said, "I mean you are helping Cheryl out through her coping with Jason's death, and now I hear your tutoring Flash and now helping Betty with biology."

Peter looks at Ned, "There isn't anything wrong with that, Ned. I'm just helping out my friends." He said.

"But, Pete, when was the last time you did something for you? When was the last time you had time for yourself?" Ned asks, "I'm not lecturing you- or telling you that you have to spend time with me or anyone else. I'm only saying this because I don't want you to burn out."

Peter nods slowly but smiles softly at his friend, "No worries, Ned. I'll be fine."

~RIVERDALE~

Betty was sitting in the common room with Veronica and Kevin -- until Archie and Jughead arrived. The group were just chatting about the usual. Sure there was some underlining issue -- seeing as Betty was now curious to know the relationship between Archie and Ms Grundy. Since Archie and Ms Grundy were both at Sweetwater River on July 4th.

"So, B." Veronica nudged Betty, "How is everything between you and Peter?"

Betty turns to Veronica, "Everything is fine." She says with a smile.

Kevin grins, "So does this mean we need to start planning a ship name for the two of you?" He begins, "Petty?"

"Petty?" Betty asks.

Kevin nods, "It sounds better than Beter."

After Kevin said that, him and Veronica kept going on about how Peter and Betty would be such a cute couple. Archie felt a bit uncomfortable with it -- despite being okay with Peter. Jughead didn't really seem to care either way. However, Betty -- who was beginning to feel things for Peter, didn't quite think he felt the same.