18

Betty, Archie, and Veronica were at Pop's that morning

Betty, Archie, and Veronica were at Pop's that morning. The three of them sat in a booth together. Betty put down some papers she had printed off.

Veronica found out because -- like Peter, she had stumbled outside as the three were talking and had heard enough. And after Betty and Peter left, she confronted Archie.

"Ms Grundy showed up in Riverdale a year ago, out of thin air. There's no record of her before that." Betty starts, "Her Facebook, her Linkedln account, they were all created one year ago. Before that, she's a ghost. She doesn't exist. The only Geraldine Grundy I could find was a women who died seven years ago."

Archie looks at the papers in disbelief, "How- Where did you find all this?" He asks.

Veronica looks at him, "The dark internet. Check it, it's ll online. Simple googling." She said.

Archie kept his eyes on Betty, "And did you cyber-stalk Ms Grundy before or after you interviewed her for a fake article?" He asks, "Why are you doing this, Betty. I'm not in any danger."

Betty looks at him seriously, "You don't know that." She says.

Archie nods, "Yeah, I do, I'm with her. I know what we have, and you don't." He said.

"She taught Jason Blossom. Did you know that?" She asks.

He tries to brush it off, "She's taught a lot of people, Betty. What's your point." He said.

"My point is, you don't know anything about her, Archie. Doesn't that worry you?" Betty asks.

Archie sighs, "Betty, let this go." He said.

"Archie, please-," Betty said.

"If you're really my friend, you'll let this go." Archie said.

Betty tensed up with that statement -- almost going off on him saying "if she was really his friend". She had been through so much with h

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm done. I'll stop digging." Betty said.

Archie smiles, "Thank you," He says before standing, "Gotta go. See you ladies, later."

Veronica and Betty wave bye to the ginger, who headed out of Pop's. Veronica turns to Betty, she saw the look in Betty's eyes.

"You're not going to stop are you?" She asks.

Betty looks at Veronica, "No. But you can if you want, V. I don't want to drag you into this." Betty said.

Veronica smiles, "No way, B. I'll be here for my bestie."

Betty smiles then remembered, "Oh shoot-! I'm suppose to be going to Peter's for a tutoring session."

Veronica grins, "Oh a tutor session," She winks.

Betty gets out of the booth, "It's exactly what it is, V. A study session." She said.

Veronica nods, "Alright," She said and then got serious, "Just text me when you want to go all Nancy Drew."