65

The next morning at school, Peter and Betty were brought into the lounge by Toni

The next morning at school, Peter and Betty were brought into the lounge by Toni. Fangs and Sweetpea greeted them as they came in. The group was sitting at the couches away from everyone else.

"You're gonna have to talk to Jughead," Fangs said.

Betty seems a bit confused, "Why are you asking us? Why not Michelle?" She asks.

Toni sighs, "Michelle can't seem to get through to him."

"Well, what's going on?" Peter asks.

Sweetpea leans forward, "What's going on? What's going on is that Jughead like a crazy nut. Having all these conspiracies about how Weatherbee is out to get us."

Peter and Betty glanced at each other in disbelief and then back to the three Serpent teens sitting in front of them.

"So he's fallen down the rabbit hole?" Peter asks.

Fangs nods.

"Well how far down?" Betty asks.

Toni sighs, "Since our school was shut down-,"

"A crappy school," Sweetpea adds, "And now we're attending a much better school. One with a computer lab and a decent library."

Fangs then adds, "And toilets that actually flushes." He says.

Toni stands up and leans on the side of the couch, "It's like he doesn't realize how great we now have it at Riverdale High. We're gonna get a better education here."

Yeah," Fangs said, "Before at Southside High, no one expected anything from us there. Here, we could actually have a future if we wanted."

Sweetpea nods.

"And if that means I have to take off my jacket before school," Toni says, "So be it."

Betty seemed shocked, "I didn't expect you guys to be interested in school." She said.

Sweetpea glares, "What you pictured us to be scum?" He asks.

Peter shakes his head, "No, not at all." Peter said.

Just before anything else could be said, in came Michelle and Jughead -- sporting his Serpents jacket. It seemed shocking to the others that Jughead was defying Weatherbee.

Jughead came over to the group, he gives his fellow Serpents a warm smile. Michelle seemed a bit awkward with the whole thing.

"Jug, hi." Betty said.

Jughead looks at Betty, "Hey, guys." He said.

He acts as if he's doing nothing wrong. Michelle takes a seat next to Fangs, she glanced at her friends and shrugs her shoulders.

Meanwhile, Jughead walks over to the vending machine.

"Take it off," Reggie says from afar.

Jughead decided to ignore him. Instead he put a dollar into the machine and picked out a piece of candy.