35

The teens stood in the diner -- that is until Archie motioned for them to go into a booth

The teens stood in the diner -- that is until Archie motioned for them to go into a booth. They moved back into the booth that Archie and Veronica had sat in prior.

"Someone planted the gun," Archie said, "Jason's murder weapon, in a closet in FP's trailer."

"It wasn't there when we searched for it." Veronica said.

"He's being framed, Betty." Archie said.

"Well, maybe you didn't see it." Betty said.

Peter turns to her, "Betty,"

"We're not talking about the Vogue closet here, Bee." Veronica said.

"Well, maybe you looked in the wrong one." Betty said.

"It's a trailer with literally one closet. There was no lockbox. No gun." Veronica said.

Peter kept his glance on Betty, "So whatever Sheriff Keller is saying that he found- it wasn't there?"

Veronica nods, "Yeah." She said.

"Look, we need to tell Jughead his dad's innocent." Archie said, "Where is he?"

Betty frowns, "I don't know. I tried calling him. I left him messages. He's not answering his phone." She said.

"We even tried the trailer," Peter said, "No luck."

"In the meantime, should we talk to Sheriff Keller?" Betty asks.

Archie shakes his head, "No," He says, "Not until we tell our parents."

"Tell them we broke into FP's trailer?" Veronica asks.

Archie looks at her, "My dad will know what to do."

~RIVERDALE~

Archie, Veronica, Betty, and even Peter headed off to the Andrew's house -- each teen minus Peter had texted their parent to come to the Andrew household. Arriving was Hermione Lodge and Alice Cooper.

Archie and Veronica explained their part in breaking into FP's house and that they didn't find a gun in the trailer. However, the reaction Archie hoped for was not what he got.

"You did what?" Fred asks.

"We had to make sure FP wasn't involved in Jason's murder." Archie said.

"And now we know the truth. He was." Mary said.

Archie shakes his head, "We just told you."

"The gun was planted." Betty said. "By whoever killed Jason."

Hermione looks at her daughter, "Couldn't you have missed it?" She asks.

Alice then speaks up, "Yeah, excuse me if I trust the detection skills of an officer of the law over three amateur sleuths."