28

As Peter approached the school he spots his good pal, Ned

As Peter approached the school he spots his good pal, Ned. His friend was waiting for him outside of the school.

"There you are, Pete." Ned smiles.

Peter smiles, "Sorry. I feel like I've been ignoring you." He said.

Ned shrugs, "Look you were dealing with drama. Drama mind you, you haven't even told me." Ned said.

Peter adjusted the hold of his backpack strap, "What do you mean?"

"I mean, what really went down between you and Betty?" Ned asks, "Come on man, this is me we're talking about."

Peter looks at him, "I- I know." He frowns, "I really don't want to go into it before school. How about after school at my place, that is if you can come over?"

Ned nods, "Sure man. I can come over, plus we can work on that Death Star." He said.

Peter let out a light chuckle, "Alright."

As Peter and Ned approached the building, they spot their friends. Liz was holding hands with Flash and looking all cute. Michelle rolled her eyes when she saw that, and Cheryl ignored it by smiling at Peter.

"Petey!" Cheryl says.

Peter waves, "Hey, sorry I left early-." He was cut off.

"It's okay," Cheryl placed her hands on his chest, "I get that things are still hard between you and Betty. I shouldn't have pushed things."

Peter shakes his head, "Uh- no- no it's fine." He said.

Cheryl interlocked her arm with Peter, it was back to how things use to be. The party walked down the hallway upon stepping foot into the building.

"I expect you all at the tree-tapping ceremony?" Cheryl asks smiling.

Liz nods, "Yeah, Flash and I are coming."

Flash nods.

Michelle looks at Cheryl, "Sure. I am free." She said.

"I can make it," Ned said.

Cheryl then turns to Peter, "And you, Peter? I know mommy and daddy would love to see you again."

Peter gave Cheryl a small smile, "Of course, Cheryl. I'll be there." He said.

Cheryl smiles widely, "Wonderful," She then let go of Peter, "Now if you don't mind. I need to find a date."

And at this moment, Cheryl saw the familiar redhead walking into the music room. It was quite oblivious from everyone else that Cheryl planned on asking Archie -- but he is dating Val.

"I'll see you all later," Cheryl said and then bounced to the music room.

Liz turns from Flash to the rest of the group, "Wanna just meet up at Pop's like every year?"