19

Veronica, Betty, and Peter were across the street

Veronica, Betty, and Peter were across the street. It was late. The three of them approach Ms Grundy's car. Betty was looking around -- making sure no one saw the three of them.

"So how did Pete get involved?" Veronica asks looking at Peter.

Peter eyes Veronica, "I want answers too, Veronica."

Veronica nods, "Alright. Just curious."

Betty put her bag down and then pulled out a crowbar, which shocked both Veronica and Peter. She begins to attempt to open it.

"Are we really breaking into Grundy's car right now?" Veronica asks, "How do you eve know how to do that?"

Betty laughs, "My dad and I fix cars together."

Veronica exhaled, "Well my dad and I didn't have much of a bond." She turns to Peter, "What about you, Pete?"

Peter looks at Veronica, "Uh- I guess we just uh- talk about science together."

Betty didn't seem to hear Veronica and Peter. She was too busy getting the car door open without damaging the car.

"How is your dad doing, Veronica?" Peter asks.

Veronica rubs her arm as she looks at the ground briefly, "As far as I know, he's doing okay."

Peter frowns looking at her, "Sorry," He says, "I bet it must be hard. I don't know what it's like to uh- be in your shoes."

Veronica looks at Peter, "I know, but I appreciate the concern." She smiles softly.

"Thank god, she drives an old-," Betty mutters before the door opened.

Betty had then turned to Peter and Veronica after popping open the car door. The three all smile at their first victory. Veronica and Peter ran on the passenger side as Betty climbed into the driver seat -- Veronica was in the passenger seat as Peter leaned in, but also kept look out.

"Okay, before going any further, if I'm committing a felony, I need to ask a question. Are you doing this because Archie rejected you- or you still have some feelings for him remaining?" Veronica asks.

Peter awkwardly turned his head away, expecting to hear Betty say that she loves Archie still. Despite being her boyfriend, part of Peter felt self-conscious about being second best to Archie.

"No, Veronica." Betty said, "We're doing this because Grundy has Archie under some kind of sexual spell, and he won't listen to reason. We're looking for anything that prove s Grundy isn't as clean as she says she is."

Veronica nods.

"And besides," Betty looks at Peter, "I found someone else." She smiles.

Peter's gaze moved back to Betty, the two sharing a smile at each other. Veronica had a soft smile at her best friend.