38

Soon enough the sirens grew closer -- and then all of a sudden police cars showed up

Soon enough the sirens grew closer -- and then all of a sudden police cars showed up. As well as parents. Peter saw May bursting through the cops in order to get to her son -- unlike the other parents, May embraced her son.

"Peter," May then pulled back, "What is going on?"

Fred stood next to Hermione, "That's what we want to know?"

Sheriff Keller had stepped in front of the three teenagers and was giving them a look.

"What were you doing here in the first place?" Sheriff Keller asks.

"We knew Mustang was a Serpent. We just wanted to talk to him, to see if he knew anything about FP." Archie said.

Hermione grabs Veronica's wrist, "Veronica, this has to stop." She said, "Why are you doing this?"

"Mom." Veronica protested.

Fred turns to Sheriff Keller, "What do you think happened here?"

Sheriff Keller glanced from the room to the parents and kids, "Likely an overdoes. We're waiting to see a time of death, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was somehow involved in Jason's murder, and was feeling the heat." He said.

Peter glanced back at the motel room -- frowning.

Then Sheriff Keller turns his gaze back to Archie, Veronica, and Peter.

"And how'd you know he even lived here?" He asks the three of them.

Peter looks at Archie -- the two make eye contact, Veronica glanced at Archie. However, before anyone could answer a deputy came out holding a bag.

"Sheriff, found it under his bed." The deputy said.

In the deputy's hands was a brown leather bag. It was far to expensive to have originally belonged to Mustang. When Keller opened it, there was a lot of money inside. On the side had the initials H.L.

"Hermione Lodge? Mind explaining to my why your initials are on this bag?" Sheriff Keller asks.

Veronica shakes her head, "Not Hermione Lodge, Sheriff Keller." She says, "Hiram Lodge. My dad."

"Veronica!" Hermione yells.

"Mom," Veronica looks at her, "He was doing business with the Serpents."

Hermione shakes her head, "And that's all we're saying until there's an attorney present."

Hermione dragged Veronica off, meanwhile Fred was speaking to Sheriff Keller if he could take Archie and if May could take Peter home. Sheriff Keller nodded, only noting that there might be questions they need to answer later.

As soon as May and Peter got into the car and drove off -- it was silent. Peter heard his mom sigh and he tensed. His mom rarely got angry.

"I've been gone for a couple of weeks and you go play Hardy Boys with Archie and Veronica-," May sighs again, "Peter, what happened to staying away from bad things?"