53

"Gotta go perform," Veronica said

Peter and Veronica had been talking -- which didn't go unnoticed by Hiram, and even Hermione. Peter nods and watches Veronica head off with Josie to the stage to get ready to perform.

Little did Peter know that Hiram walked over.

"I'm happy you are in my daughter's life," Hiram said.

Peter looks up at the man. Hiram Lodge. A powerful business man. He took a sip of his alcohol and then turns to look down at the younger boy.

Peter gives a small smile, "I'm glad we're friends too." He said.

Hiram kept a smile on his face, "It's kind of poetic," Hiram said.

Peter tilts his head, "What is?" Peter asks.

"Oh just, back in the day Hermione and your mother use to be very good friends." Hiram said, "Not so much your father and I- but that is in the past."

Peter just listens to the man. Peter takes a sip of his champagne, one hand holding the glass and the other one in his pant pocket.

"I'm rambling," Hiram then let out a chuckle, "What I am wanting to say is that you're family."

Peter looks at Hiram a bit shocked -- he didn't expect that. Sure, he had thought Hiram would consider Archie family since he is dating Veronica, but not him.

"What? Really?" Peter asks.

Hiram nods, "Yes. You've been such a good friend to my Veronica, and your mother is dear friends with my wife since they were the same age as you and Veronica."

Peter listens to him.

"If you ever need anything, Peter, you can come to me." Hiram said.

Hiram padded Peter's shoulder and then walked off. Peter glanced at the man as he walked off -- in the direction of Hermione and Peter's mother.

Peter placed his empty glass on a waiter's trey and he walked over toward the stage. He had noticed Cheryl briefly with Nick. He was about to go over -- but music began to play.

"What's the time," Josie sung, "Well, it's gotta be close to midnight."

The music playing -- people clapping and dancing. Peter just stood there, kind of a loner but watched their performance. Josie on stage with Veronica -- as well as Melody, on the drums, and Valerie, on the keyboard.

"My body's talkin to me," Josie sung.

Veronica who was swaying back and forth as Josie began to sung turns around. She holds the microphone up and begins to sing.

"It says time for danger. it says I wanna commit a crime." Veronica sings, "Wanna be the cause of a fight. I wanna put on a tight skirt. And flirt with a stranger."