14

At school the next day -- Betty was in the Blue and Gold

At school the next day -- Betty was in the Blue and Gold. Working on the paper. On the front page the words BOOK OF SHAME was printed on the front page.

"Quite the expose." Veronica said, "Whenever did you find the time to write it?"

Betty sighs facing Veronica, "Stayed up all night. Couldn't sleep after-."

Veronica nods, "Me neither." She said, "Betty- you came through for me, in a way that no one else ever has before."

There was a moment of silence between the girls. Veronica took a few steps forward and then paused when she and Betty were closer than they were prior.

"But- can we talk about what happened?" Veronica asks.

Betty looks at her, "What do you mean?" She asks.

Veronica looks at Betty, "The wig and everything. How far were you gonna take it?" Veronica asks.

"Chuck deserved it." Betty says crossing her arms on her chest.

"You called him Jason." Veronica said.

"Know what? I didn't do that." Betty said.

"Yeah, girl You did." Veronica said, "You called yourself Polly. It was like Dr Jekyll, Mistress Hyde. You became another person."

The two then walked out of the room. They began to walk down the hallway that morning.

"Okay, I mean- I remember saying Chuck should apologize for Polly, but not because I thought he was Jason." Betty said.

"Why then?" Veronica asks.

They had stopped at Betty's locker -- she had opened it and began grabbing her things.

Betty frowns, "Because- I am sick of guys like Chuck and Jason doing horrible things to girls like me, you, and Polly. Okay?"

After that she shut her locker and began to walk off without muttering another word to Veronica. Veronica's gaze move when she saw none other than Peter Lockhart in the hallway -- he was leaning against Michelle's locker. He was listening to her talk but his gaze was at the back of Betty.

~RIVERDALE~

Given Betty's article in the Blue and Gold, Weatherbee needed to make an example out of someone -- a sacrificial lamb as a better understanding.

Coach Clayton, in order to save his job and save the school's reputation was forced to cut his own son from the squad.

Standing in the hallway -- a lot of girls stood there watching Chuck being hauled off with his goons. Girls had their phones out -- snapping photos. Or others just stared him down. They were given their revenge -- by having the boy who destroyed them to be the one destroyed.

"Thanks, Betty." Ethel said to her and then turned, "Thanks, Veronica."

Betty turns to Ethel, "Thank you, Ethel, for going on the record. It made all of the difference with Weatherbee. You're the bravest of them all, Ethel Muggs." She said.