17

It was the next day -- Peter and Betty hadn't spoken since the kiss and Betty basically saying she wants to be boyfriend/girlfriend with him

He was at his locker, grabbing his things when he saw a familiar boy wearing the iconic beanie approach him.

"Hey uh- Betty mentioned how you know about Archie and Grundy." Jughead said.

Peter nods as he grabs his physics text book, "Yeah, and I assured her I wasn't gonna tell." He said.

Jughead leaned against the row of lockers, "I wouldn't expect you to, Peter." He said, "I mean if you did that, that would hurt Betty and we all know you care about her too much to do anything like that."

Peter blushed, "So I'm assuming she told you about us?"

Jughead shakes his head, "No. You just did, Pete." He grins, "But I had a feeling the two of you had something going on that no one was aware of."

Peter let out a small smile, "Yeah." He then shuts his locker, "We're boyfriend and girlfriend now."

Jughead let out a friendly smile, "Ah you're at the official part." He says, "Well congratulations, man."

Peter looks at Jughead, "Thanks," He then got serious, "Also uh- sorry about the Drive-In, man. I know how much it means to you."

Jughead reached into his backpack and handed him a flyer, "Here." He said, "The final night."

Peter held onto it and nods, "I'll be there."

Jughead then nudges Peter, "And bring Betty, it'll be a great first date." He then laughs teasing Peter.

Peter awkwardly nods and then saw Ned, "I'll see you later, man." He says to Jughead.

Jughead nods, "Later, Pete."

Jughead watched Peter walk off to catch up with Ned, the two dorks walked down the hallway together until they reached where Cheryl, Liz, and Michelle were at.

Jughead was taping up a flyer on the wall about the Drive-In closing, just then Archie came over to confront Jughead.

"How hard would it have been to give me a heads-up?" Archie asks.

"Look, I am, by nature, a conscientious objector. Not saying anything to either you or Betty, was the most moral, apathetic choice I could make." Jughead said not looking at Archie.

Archie looks upset, "But, Jug." He grabs his arm to gain his attention, "She's not going to write about me and Grundy in the paper, is she? Like she did with Chuck?"

Jughead scoffs as he begins to walk, "Dude, seriously? Come on, think about what you're asking. If there was even an iota of a chance that something could hurt you in any way, Betty wouldn't do it. Probably."

"Oh, my god." Archie said.

Jughead looks at Archie, "I'm kidding, but maybe she has a point." Jughead and Archie stopped and stood in the hall, "What do you see happening with Grundy, long-term? What do you want?"