XVI. Humiliation, Threats, and Negligence

Start from the beginning

He nodded, "Um."

"Any questions so far?"

There was a long silence as we stood there; listening to the other copy machines being used by the random girl before he said, "No."

"Up here-" I said, pointing to the left corner, "is the setting. How much you want to print." I touch the screen, setting it for three copies.

Liam presses his thumb and finger underneath his chin. "Hm...I see."

"You put the paper in here." I place the piece of paper on the top.

His eyes narrowed, "Hm."

"Then, you press the green button," I press the large green button. The paper ran through the printer, and it began scanning.

"Interesting," he said.

"Do you understand?" my voice dulled with each second.

He tilts his head, "What was the second step?"

"I'm going to kill you."

"Is that a threat?" He turns his head towards a random co-worker, "Did you hear that?" he asked her.

She pushed up her glasses, "Hear what?"

"She threatened to kill me."

She gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

I giggled anxiously, making my way towards her, "It was just a joke."

"Am I laughing? Do you hear me laughing?" Liam said in a dull voice, stepping towards me, "Miss Blanc, you may be my superior, but I won't stand being publicly humiliated and threatened."

"When did I humiliated you?"

He crossed his arms, "Earlier in front of everyone. You screamed at me when I accidentally got the incorrect coffee. The coffees you told me to purchase. However, you never showed me how to use the phone, nor did you tell me the location of your preferred coffee shop."

I'm going to kill him.

"It was an Espresso, low on the milk! How can you get it wrong?"

Liam shook his head, "There you go again." He looks away, "I can't do this."

"What?"

"I demand the rest of the day off; else I'll take this to HR."

"For what?"

"Negligence of proper training-"

"You've been here half a day, and I asked you to get two cups of coffee and three copies of a document."

"Public humiliation-"

"You got the wrong cup of coffee...and there's only one coffee joint in this company."

"Public threats-"

My face heated up as Liam continued listing the things I did that can potentially fire me. "Fine! Leave! Go! Bye!" I wave him away.

Liam nodded, "As you wish, Miss Blanc," he spoke in his usual cocky tone.

Once Liam left, I buried my face in my hands and slide down the wall. "I hate you. I hate you. I hate my life."

The day finally ended, and I didn't want tomorrow to come. Standing in front of the bus stop, I robotically cradle Marisa. A car horn caught my attention, and I look up to see Brody. He smiles and waves me over.

I stroll Marisa over and bend downward, "Hi Brody," I smiled. Brody and I ran into each other a few times in the company. However, since we are on different floors; it's rare. I wish I was working for Brody since he's so nice.