35 : Power Crystal

After explaining everything to his mortal father, Jungkook just stood there, waiting for any reaction apart from the somber look the man wore. Jungkook plays with his fingers, not knowing if he should say something else.

"Is that all?" His bambi eyes look up at the man. "Uhh- look, I know it's hard to believe, father but-"

"No, I meant, if that's all?"

Jungkook furrows his eyebrows and hesitantly nods.

The man laughs and wipes a fake tear away from his eyes. Jungkook looks more confuse as time passes by and just decides to speak up. "Wait, you knew?"

The alpha; Jungho, nods, smiling from ear to ear to his son. "Yes, I found out one day when I was walking past your room. I heard you and Taehyung speaking in a language, that for all I know hasn't been spoken in decades. I put two and two. "

Jungkook sighs in relief, not having to cast a spell to make his father take orders like a robot and just leaving things intact as they are.

"But, son? Are the prophecies true?"

The prophecies, the ones that talked about how Taehyung and Jungkook will kill every god and become the rulers of everything. Jungkook didn't thought of this as possible, knowing that the only god they will kill will be Heiden. So, he shakes his head.

"Good. Now, you can go. I believe that woman is someone important."

"Thanks, father. Really." The man smiles and waves him off as he leaves the room.

Having taken care of that, he heads towards his mate, having a bad feeling about this entire ordeal.

_________

"Hecate? Are you alright now?"

The woman nods, her dark eyes looking tired, blue horns growing a tad bit. "I am alright, child. Thank you." Taehyung nods and takes the cup out of her hands, placing it on the bed side table. He then leans towards her, adjusting the pillows on the headboard so that she could lay comfortably.

Hecate smiles fondly at him, not having seen him in such a long time. "Amaris, you still look as lovely as ever." Taehyung smiles, teary eyes looking at her, his hands caressing hers. "Thank you, but I believe it's just the glow of the pregnancy." At that she looks down, the round belly of the omega accentuated because of the white silk dress. A flower crown decorated his black hair, baby blue eyes shining just like they did when he was a kid.

"I can see that, too. How much left?"

"Tomorrow it'll become one moth." Hecate nods. "That's good. We won't have to postpone this." Before Taehyung could question it, the door to the room opened and in enters Jungkook. He closed the door and locks it, walking towards Taehyung. Hecate only stares at him and smiles sadly. She was never too fond of him. She has always blamed him for all the bad things that have happened to her baby, all the problems being brought because of the young god. If it weren't for him Taehyung would be on their realm happily married to someone else without so much problems and a war creeping their backs.

Overall, she despised him. But, as years went by she began acknowledging him just because he makes Taehyung happy and that's all that matter.

"Hello, Hecate. Lovely visit."

"I don't enjoy seeing your face either."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, knowing that whenever his caretaker and mate where in the same room, an argument was bound to happen.

"I mean, couldn't you just have puffed your way in here, rather than showing up with a godly knife, ready to stab someone?"

"With a face like mine, an entrance had to be made."

Jungkook scoffs and she glares at him. Taehyung shakes his head, not wanting hear this any longer. "Kook, it's good that you're here. I was just about to ask nana about her reasons."

"Well, she better have a good one or I'll puff her myself."

"Boy, I won't hesitate to stab you."

"Okay, enough. Nana, please?" Hecate drops her glare and turns to Taehyung. She nods and picks up the cloths she was carrying.

Jungkook gasps. "You stole a baby?!" She turns her hands in fist and Jungkook starts gasping for air. "Nana, please don't choke my husband." Hecate stops, gritting her teeth as she took the cloth off the object.

The object was actually a small sphere. It was made of crystal and puffs of smoke of every color moves around inside of it.

"I came because of this." The boys stare at it intently for a few seconds, Taehyung gasping in realization meanwhile Jungkook just stared at it deeply, as if waiting for the ball to talk to him.

"It won't talk, Jeon."

"Then make it."

"...Nana, is that what I think it is?" Hecate nods and Taehyung furrows his well defined eyebrows.

"But, why do you have it? It's only meant to be taken out of the castle if there is a war or the goddess is-"

At that he stops. His eyes widen and start filling up with tears. Hecate gulps, feeling a tighting feeling around her throat, tears covering her eyes too.

"Mother is... dead?" His voice is soft and faint. Hecate shakes her head and graps his hands. "No. Or- or not yet, at least. She told me to run away with this as soon as Heiden found out. I just saw as her guards took her away and nothing else. I'm sorry."

He breaks down crying, feeling heart broken and empty at the thought of his mother being dead or on the verge of dying.

They always bickered around and insulted each other, but imagining not having her near just crushed him into pieces.

"Okay, can someone tell me what's going on? And what's with the weird ball?"

Taehyung wipes his tears away and laughs shakily at his lover's lack of knowledge.

"It's- it's a sphere, Kookie. And not just any sphere. It carries the powers of my mother, every single drop of her power is trapped inside that sphere. It's only used when there's a war or if the goddess has died. In this case, we don't know which one it is."

Jungkook nods, now understanding the grieving mood in the room.

Taehyung stands up and looks at Jungkook. "We have to find my mother before it's too late, Kook. If- if she's still alive, we have to do everything to save her."

Jungkook hugs him and kisses the top of his head, carefully holding his baby on his arms as in not to hurt him. He couldn't have Taehyung stressing with only a month away before he gives birth, so he tries to spread calmness as much as he can.

"We will, baby. I promise you."

Now having his words, Taehyung turns to Hecate, smiling lightly at her. "I sent a message to Baek. He will be here tomorrow." She nods and makes herself comfortable.

"Goodnight, my child. You have to rest, and same goes to the monkey."

"Hey!"

Taehyung laughs and guides Jungkook to the door, waving good bye and turning off the lights. Tomorrow the mission starts.

●●●●●●●●

So tell me I'm the only one, baby. I fancy you, fancy you, fancy you.

Fancy youuuu uuuu~