22 : The child I lost

No one's POV

Hyuntae kept throwing up and wouldn't come out of his room. The guards informed their alpha about their Luna's situation. As soon as he was informed he hadn't to be told twice as he ran straight to their room.

He opened their room door finding his mate lying down on the bed looking quite pale. He rushed to him and gently touched the omega's forehead.

"Gah, you're burning, Hyuntae. Why didn't you tell me that you still felt sick?"

You see, the omega has been feeling this way for a few weeks now and he didn't know what was happening. It was serious since demigods didn't get colds or anything.

Tears started pouring out of the omega's eyes and the alpha didn't know if he said anything wrong or if he had hurt his mate.

"I-it's happening a-again," sobbed the thin boy.

Sol furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "What, baby? What is happening again?"

"T-ten years a-a-ago...Baekhie~" sobbed the omega harder by the memory of his lost son.

The alpha immediately got the memo and stood up from his bed, abruptly opening the door of their room open.

"Bring wheat and Barley! Now!" He ordered. The guards hurriedly rushed off to bring those things.

Wheat and Barley was something used by women in order to know whether they were pregnant or not. A pregnancy test. The said person would have to urinate on the wheat and Barley seeds over the course of days; if neither of the seeds sprouted then it meant that the said person wasn't pregnant.

That's what the omega did over the course of days. Of course, he was anxious and nervous. He wasn't still over the loss of their son even if it's been 10 years. It's his son. He bared said boy inside himself, of course he wouldn't forget him.

It was the day. The day of the results. Hyuntae had been spacing out the whole day, biting his nails, crying, rambling. He was nervous. Extremely nervous. He made a mistake by having Baekhyun and he didn't wanted to make another one. He had gone into a great depression after Baekhyun was taken. It took him months to recover.

"Baby, stop pacing around."

"I can't! How aren't you nervous?!"

The alpha raised his eyebrow and looked away from the book he was peacefully reading.

"Why should I be nervous? In the contrary, it would make me ecstatic."

Hyuntae glares at his mate, eyes watering a bit, "There's nothing to be ecstatic about! They might do the same they did with Baekhie..."

Sol placed the book down sighing softly, "Baby, why do you talk as if our son is dead? He is living with your mother, please, understand that."

Hyuntae shook his head and sat down on the chair opposite from his mate. His hands were covering his face as he silently cried.

Sol groaned, not because of annoyance but because he hated seeing his mate cry.

"I'm his mother, Sol! I'm the one that should be with him not my mother!" He yelled once he noticed his mate try to approach him.

"Tae-"

"Forget it! Just know that if the kid dies, I'll kill myself," he spat and left the room with angry steps.

The alpha took deep breaths once his eyes turned red. He just hated the thought of his mate dying and whenever the elder threatened him with taking his own life it would drive him crazy. He stood up from the couch of his office, going behind his mate fuming in anger.