10 : Listen to your mother

3rd person POV

"Hello, mother," says Taehyung with fake excitement.

"Drop the act, Taehyung.  I know you're not happy to see me."

Taehyung sighs of relief.

"Well, would you at least mind changing into your human form.  My neck is gonna hurt if I keep looking up at you."

The goddess hums and turns into her human form.  She stood in front of her son, with a white flowy dress, long silver hair and a diamond placed in the middle of her forehead.  The women herself shone in the darkness.  After all, she's the moon goddess.

"Good.  Now what is it that you want mother?"

"You know exactly what I called you for."

"Ah, let me guess.  You're talking about the treaty?"

She nods and he laughs.

"Oh my, before I used to beg the gods and now they beg me," he laughs loudly, throwing his head back and clutching his stomach.

"Son, please?"

He stops laughing and his baby blue eyes turn a into a lighter gray.  Just like his mother's.

"Do you remember when I humiliated myself in front of all the gods begging for another solution? Do you remember me crying tears of blood for him, mother?! No one listened to my begging.  How poor of me," gritted the omega. All his stress and anger pouring out.

"How ironic! Isn't it?" Yells the omega, "First, they feared him and now they fear me? Gods are nothing but a piece of trash! If you all claim to be so powerful then why fear your own Creation?!"

He chuckles bitterly.

"Son, it's not like that."

"Then how is it, mother?"

She gulped and wiped her watery eyes.

"You know, we just want the best for our people. You are my son and I-"

"Why don't you just say it?"

She froze and her hands start to tremble.

Taehyung smirks at the power he has over his mother.

"You're afraid that I might take your place."

The moon goddess glares and her light gray eyes turn white.

"That's enough! You are nothing but a demigod compared to me! And I'm warning you, moon.  Do what we tell you to do or we'll have no choice-"

"You'll have no choice but what? If you dare to touch him again, I'll kill every single one of you and the sky and earth will know that all the gods have fallen.  Is that what you want mother? A fallen world?"

She remained silent and he smirked.

"That's what I thought."

The moon goddess composed herself and cleared her throat.

"Very well then.  If you won't obey, we'll have no more choice but to fight you."

"Oh, that's what I'm waiting for," he said evilly, "But make sure not to send gods...who knows, I might kill them earlier than I thought."

"S-son, please listen to me.  Don't cause a war.  Let's keep things as they are and solve this."

He smiles sadly at the women he used to love dearly and whom he still loves very much.

"Solving things means that we both have to give up on everything we have and die in a low way.  You want to humiliate us and to remind us that we are nothing compared to you and that we never were.  You don't love anybody. You just wish you could get rid of me so that you can keep on being the famous goddess you are, right? I already made a proposal for all of you, mother. If you agree then nothing will happen but if you don't...I'll be forced to do this."

I bow my head politely and turn around to walk.

"Are you that selfish to prioritize your love over billions of lives?"

I halt my movements and my eyes water.

"Yes.  I am," he whispers but made sure that his mother heard him before walking off.

The goddess sighs and groans as tears of glitter flow out of her eyes.

"I-i'm so sorry, son," she sobs.

                              ••••••••

Lately I've been feeling like writing short chapters.  Which means I'll update more often.

Also, please check my others books like, The mafia's beauty, my two trouble makers, and The leader's killer.