XXI. I'm Not A Prostitute

Start from the beginning

Slowly, I got up; having enough time spent crouching on the ground. Plus, my legs were getting numb. I sat beside her. "Why?"

"Because it means innocent." She exhaled, "And look at me, honey."

I frowned at her statement. "You shouldn't feel-"

"Don't tell me not to feel ashamed of myself. I suck old men dicks for drug money." She glances over at me, "What's your name?"

"Vivian."

She chuckled, flicking her long nails one above the other. "From the Latin named Vivianus which was derived from Latin vivus alive."

I tilt my head, "You sure know a lot about names."

She shrugged, "I was once in college."

"What did you study?"

"Linguistics."

"That's cool," I responded.

She chuckled, "It was." Her lip puckered, "I had a dream when I was your age you know; to study in France, Italy, Japan. To see the wonders the world had to offer." She hummed pleasantly at the memories.

"Why didn't you do it?" It felt like a stupid question to ask her. A truly idiotic one.

Her lip curls slightly as her head drop. "Vincit qui se vincit," she sang lowly and chuckled.

The door opened and I look upward to see a policeman. "Harmony. It's time to go."

Harmony? I thought her name was Cate?

I watch as Cate stood up, and press up against her large boobs. "Well, see you honey." She planted a fake smile on her red lip and waltz out of the cellar. She stops in front of the policeman. "Hey there Officer Chase." She tapped his nose.

Chase sigh, tilting his head to the side, "Please, don't make my night harder than it already is."

She hummed lowly and grinned, "I can make it as hard as you want baby," she chirped.

He grabbed her finger, "You need to get your act together. I don't want to arrest you again."

She smiled, tilting her head to the side, "I like it when you arrest me though Officer Chase." She steps closer to him, allowing a low moan to enter the room. I didn't know what to do so I uncomfortably shifted on my seat. "It's the only way I can get off at night."

He rolled his eyes and spun her around causing her to giggled, "Oh! Officer Chase!" She squealed as he pushed her out of the world. "I like it when you handle me like that! Are you free this Saturday? I can bring my own handcuffs."

I never once would expect to end up in jail for beating up my ex-husband and meeting a woman named Cate who studied Linguistics in college. This night is quite unexpecting.

After the interesting scene, I sat there, staring at everyone around me. Releasing a deep breath, I noticed how a small child was staring at me...to the extreme. He wasn't blinking and there was a lollipop in his mouth. I lift a hand and wave at him. He didn't do anything in return.

He merely stood in front of me.

Suddenly, a policewoman crash into him causing paperwork to spill all over the place. A paper slipped towards me and I grabbed it.

"Cai!" A woman shouted, and rush towards him. "I'm so sorry," she told the policewoman who began gathering up all the papers.

"It's okay Mrs.Kawachi," she smiled.

The boy continued staring at me until Mrs.Kawachi dragged him away.

"Poor Mrs.Kawachi," a male officer grumbled to his co-worker, "Her husband is constantly in jail for fights at bars and I heard her son is autistic."