Chapter 50

Clare's PoV

I was sitting beside my therapist, Liam Hunter in Daemon's office. As usual Daemon was sitting on his black chair in front of us. Daemon slightly smirked, when Liam looked around his big office. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he was intimidated by Daemon and his office. His office is big, and its walls were gray which made everything look a little more dangerous. There were lots of different books in shelves. Literally everything seemed so rich, but his desk and chair look more powerful than anything else in this room. I mentally slapped myself for never asking how much they cost or where the furnitures come from.

"How long do you think does this therapy take?" Daemon asked Liam with a serious business face which I wanted to slap more than anything else.

Liam looked at me for a second then back to Daemon. "Probably not too long, because she doesn't seem really sick." His voice was steady and firm.

Maybe because I'm not mentally unstable at all? What game was Daemon playing?

"You'll see once you talk to her." Daemon said distractingly, while he was skimming through his paper.

Tears were forming in my eyes and I hated myself for that. I just couldn't control my feelings anymore. Either I was crying or I was angry. Happiness didn't play a role anymore.

"Clare, why are you crying?" Daemon smirked at me which made me sob so loud that I was embarrassed. He won and he knew it.

I felt a hand on my arm. It was Liam's hand. He gave me a pitiful look which I didn't need, because I knew he just thought that I was some sick woman.

"I want to talk to my mom. Now." With that I stood up and went away. They could do whatever they wanted to do and I wouldn't care. Are all men like this after their woman lost her child? Probably not, because not only their wife lost their child, but also they did.

The most frustrating thing for me right now is that I have no cellphone to call my mom. That meant, I have to wait until Daemon leaves his office, so he can give me his cellphone.

Their voices were quiet in the office that I just left. My heart was pounding so hard that my chest started hurting. I focused on my breathing. That's all I needed to focus on until they finished talking about 'important' things that probably would've made me cry if I had stayed there.

After a few minutes of waiting impatiently for them I started getting nervous. What was taking them so long? I let out a frustrated sigh and went back into the office without knocking.

Daemon was looking up, but the therapist sat there and looked pretty stiff. "I need your phone to call my mom."

"Too bad." Daemon huffed.

"Well, then, I want to talk to my therapist alone. After all, he is my therapist. Oh, and it's just fair to get to know him, so don't make that face." I looked at Liam with a forced smirk on my face. "Where do you live?"

His eyes wandered from my face to Daemon's and then back to me. "An hour away from here. I live in the Walmart Street. My house is the only white house in the street, so you'll find it quickly, I guess."

Liam's voice is really serious. All the time. Is that on purpose?

I hoped that I didn't look surprised by his agreement to meet at his house without asking. Is it normal that a client and her therapist meet at his house?

There is something going on and I just know that Daemon is the reason why the therapist is acting so weird. Or I'm just thinking too much and the way he's acting towards me is his normal attitude.