Chapter 51 (part one)

Clare's PoV

His usual tanned skin, is so pale. So pale that it was almost scaring me. His eyes left mine. Daemon looked so shocked and sad. "What?"

It's breaking my heart that he doesn't really understand me. That he didn't even expect anything like that.

"Why are you even acting so surprised, Daemon? That's not fair, because you were the one cheating on me, not the other way around. I was crying myself to death all night. I couldn't feel anything anymore just because of you!" I yelled at him and didn't even care as he slightly jumped at my loud voice. "Can't you put yourself in my position, Daemon? What have I done wrong? Tell me. Have I gotten ugly or some type of shït like that? Did you just want another pair of lips wrapped around your dïck?"

Now he looked back at me. Daemon's brows were furrowed now, but eventually just shook his head in disbelief. He also looked disgusted and I smiled bitterly. What was he going to tell me? That I'm not allowed to break up?

"Flow-" I interrupted him with a sarcastic laugh.

"You can call your new höe 'Flower'. I'm Clare to you not more, not less."

Daemon sighed. "I thought we loved each other. Do you have any idea of how much you mean to me? You're my other half. I love you, Flower. And I would never ever call another woman 'Flower', because you're my Flower."

My face was probably red, because of anger and a little sadness. It was weird, because before I saw him, I had thought I would faint, because I had been crying so much and now I just want him to get hurt... just how much he hurt me.

His face fell, when he saw me cringing at his words. "Well, I thought so, too, but I have to remind you that you were the one cheating on me for whatever reason. I'm sick of getting hurt by people that mean much to me, by people... I loved, so I'll just take care of myself."

He stood up, towering over me with his six feet and two inches. In order to look into his eyes, I had to tilt my head. "I know. But I've done so much for you, can't you just forgive me this time. Please, I'll do anything. It was a complicated mistake"

The fact that he said he'd done so much for me was breaking my heart. Not only because it was true, but also because he used that statement, or fact, to make me forgive him and that's not really fair in my eyes.

As of forgiving was that easy, let alone forgetting this. I knew Daemon was acting weird and all that stuff, but never would I have thought that kissing another woman, would've come into his mind, let alone having sex with someone other than me.

"What was complicated. Tell me, Daemon." I snorted with a furious expression on my face.

"You won't believe me."

"I want to go to my mom, and if you don't want to take me there, I'll just call Rob." I crossed my arms, telling him silently that it's the end of the discussion. I'll leave.

He went with his hands through his hair furiously. "I'm sorry, Clare. So fücking sorry."

All I could do at that moment was, nodding. I knew how much he hated himself for that, but in the end he was a grown up man and could've handled our children's loss in a different way.

"I'll take you to your mom. Rob's got a doctor appointment with his wife." Daemon bit his lip.

I could feel that he's still keeping a secret. Still not telling me something. "Wait five minutes. I'm packing some clothes of mine and then we can leave."

"Clare, I would wait forever for you."

I didn't look back, I just ran up the stairs. My breath hitched. Why was he doing that to me? Does he really think, after he cheated he could just say some random cute words to make me forgive him? No, but it was risky and he knew that.

There was a brown bag underneath the bed. It wasn't too big, but it wasn't too small either. A little irritating, because I would've wanted to throw all my stuff into this bag, leave and never come back.

After putting the most comfortable clothes in it, along with some cosmetics, I felt my heart sting. There was something missing and I knew what, but I didn't dare actually give in.

Just one hoodie. A hoodie he doesn't wear often, but often enough, so there's his scent on his hoodie.

There I was standing and counting all contras and pros of stealing his hoodie, but it's just one hoodie and he has so many clothes in his cabinet, it would be ridiculous if he noticed anything.

After looking back once, I went over to his cabinet with an uncomfortable feeling. The whole idea was jut bad and weak, but I couldn't resist. Hopefully, he doesn't notice anything.

There was this one black hoodie, of course it was black, that got my attention and with a little hesitant shrug, I took it and threw it underneath the other clothes. I looked back at his closet and found a gray hoodie and black basketball shorts. I just couldn't prevent myself from taking them. I quickly ran over to the closet again and took his basketball shorts and this gray hoodie which he had worn often, though. Doesn't matter.

With a last look around the room and a sigh, I left the room which was harder for me than expected. This room means much to me.

Daemon was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. His elbows laid on his elbows. It broke my heart to see him like that, even though he brought himself into this situation. I shook my head to get a clear mind. He was the reason why I was leaving and I'm just way too nice to him.

"I'm ready." My voice was quiet which caused me to clench my jaw, because this is not how I should be acting. It's just that... I love him.

He got up with a small sad smile. His eyes were showing so much pain and sadness that I had to fight against my tears. I needed to be strong.
Strong for myself.

The front door was just a few feet in front of me, Daemon already opened it. My brain spoke to me, no yelled at me to go outside, to start walking, but my body however showed no reaction. I felt Daemon staring at me in a hopeful way, but I didn't dare look at him. I knew that one look at him could change my decision and make not only my knees weak.

After taking a deep breath in and raising my chin, I went outside with confident steps, at least I hoped they were confident.

A while in the car, Daemon thought he could start having a conversation with me about random things. Either I didn't say anything at all or I mumbled something, low-key telling him that I don't really want to talk with him.

"Clare, uhm, I didn't cheat on you actually."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys,

Sorry for this short chapter, but I thought this was a perfect cliffhanger:/

I want to thank you for everything my dear readers. Thank you for reading my book, thank you for voting and commenting on my book. You guys are great and I genuinely love you!

103k!!! Thank you so much!!! 3.7k votes!!! Thank you so much!!!

I hope you still liked this chapter, because it was a pretty boring and a short one, but I'm going to start writing on the new chapter now.

*Sorry for all grammar mistakes and misspellings!*

Keep voting and commenting and sharing!!! Love you!

Yours truly,
GM