Chapter 32

[Please vote and comment!;)]

Clare's POV

I looked at Daemon's straight face. The funeral was over.

Daemon's parents are gone now.

I have no idea what I should think. First of all, my mother-in-law was like a mother to me, even though I didn't get to see her often.

I will never forget how she welcomed me already the first day we met.

And, I wanted my child to have grandparents. But, I guess, that this wish won't be fulfilled, which is making me sad.

Every single child should have grandparents.

"Flower, let's go now. Oh shit, please stop crying." He kissed my cheek.

I didn't even notice, that I was crying.

"I'm sorry. It's just that... I liked her really much." I told him not the whole truth.

Daemon wore a black suit and his usually curly hair was now gelled back. He looked so handsome.

My dress ended a bit below my knees and was also black. I wore some matte black heels that were really uncomfortable. My hair was tied up in a bun.

I'm thankful, that I didn't put too much makeup on...

There were quite many people. Mainly some business people or friends of them. They told Daemon their condolences and sympathies. Rob was also there and stayed by our side until he had to leave.

"If you're uncomfortable with those heels, why don't you just put them off?" Daemon asked me.

"It would be very inappropriate to put them off, Daemon." I told him annoyed.

Those few days were horrible, my time was being spent with throwing up. My head was killing me and even my back started to hurt. I'm only a month pregnant.

My mood swings are the worst, though. I would get mad at Daemon for anything. I feel so sorry for him, but I couldn't do anything against those hormones.

"I'm sorry." I sighed and wanted to give him a kiss on his lips but he looked away.

I gasped. Not only did I feel rejected, but also worried.

Suddenly he started chuckling softly. "I'm sorry, but I needed to do this."

I didn't say anything and smiled.

After Daemon had helped me getting into the car, he went into the car also.

"Are you hungry?" He asked me. Lately he had been asking me this question more often.

"No, not really. You?" I answered. I thought if I was going to eat something I would throw up. Either my baby doesn't like me and wants me to suffer or I'm just bad in handling some things while being pregnant.

"Not really. Today is a weird day." He answered and shrugged.

"How do you feel?" I wanted to know. Daemon is a strong man, I know that, but today was his parents' funeral and he loved his mother so much, of course is there a chance, that he is crying inside, even though he told me, that he's glad she's in a better world now.

"You're my wife, so I'm not going to lie. I still want to have her near me, but she really didn't deserve this cruel world, you know? I actually have no idea how to adjust my feelings." He told me truthfully, while looking at the road.

"It's okay. She is above us now and watching us. Your mother is so proud of you." My heart wanted to make him happy.

"Yes, I hope so. But you have to stop being sad, because our baby will be sad." He looked at me.