Chapter 17

I sighed. It's 3am and I still can't sleep. It wasn't even warm, the room has the perfect temperature.

I turned to my right and saw Daemon sleeping peacefully. I was about to give him a small kiss on his lips, when I heard a cellphone ringing.

It was his cellphone with an unknown number on it. I was about to decline the call, but Daemon was faster and answered it, while he went out of the room.

"What was that about?" I asked myself. Was he awake the entire time?

What in the world was he hiding from me? I got up and tiptoed to the door. I wanted to go out of the room but I heard him behind the door.

I know I shouldn't, but I'm going to eavesdrop... again. Blame it on my curiosity.

"What do you want so late?" Daemon asked.
"No, I can't meet you now... you know I'm in my honeymoon...What?... No?! What do you even mean? My wife is sleeping and don't you dare raise your voice like that. It's not funny. Let's talk tomorrow about that." He ended the call. Who was that? A woman? Probably. It was the only possibility.

I'll kill both of them if they are hooking up or he cheated on me. I felt my heart beating wildly, tears were about to form and my breath quickened a lot, which I didn't really notice a few seconds ago.

Realization hit me and I tried to run back to our bed. Unfortunately, it was too late and I immediately froze on my spot.

Girl, there's no time to show him weakness. Go ahead and tell him that he messed with the wrong woman!

I turned around and looked at him with anger.

"Who was that?" I asked him with a frown on my face.

No answer.

"Tell me the truth. For how long?"

No answer. His eyes held a hint of confusion.

"Don't you dare tell me you cheated on me." I looked him in the eyes, trying to look as intimidating as possible.

"What?" He asked eventually.

"Daemon! Tell me who you were talking to!" I shouted.

"I didn't cheat on you." He said firmly.

"Then tell me who you were talking to, for God's sake. Tell me what's this woman's name." I ordered.

I was about to take the scissors and cut this mate of him, off.

"It was Rob." He looked at me and I saw a hint of amusement in his eyes.

I should have known he was fooling me the entire time.

"Daemon, do I look like I'm this silly to believe your cheating ass, that this slut's name is Rob?" I asked him in disbelief.

"I can't believe your silly ass thinks that I was cheating on you. That's the most ridiculous thing to think, let alone believe." He raised his eyebrows.

"Daemon, that's not funny to me. And if it was Rob, why didn't you save him in your contacts." I asked him, while my foot tapped the floor.

"You know what, let's call him." He said with a grin.

"If you don't stop grinning like a stupid fool, I swear I will wipe that ugly smile off of you." I rolled my eyes.

He started laughing, he held his hands up in defense. "I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry what? You know what give me your phone, ugly." I told him, my face was probably red from anger.

He handed me his cellphone over with a smirk.