Chapter 16

"Are you being serious?" I asked when I turned around.

"Can I tell you something?" He asked me.

"Of course."

"I love you and your innocence." He whispered in my ear only to give me goosebumps.

"I'm not innocent." I said in an annoyed voice, still not facing him.

"Well, well. I still love you, Flower." He wrapped an arm around my naked waist.

I wanted to tell him, that I loved him, too, but I'm not that sure. And I don't want it to sound, as if I said it because he first told me he loved me and now I feel like obligated to do so.

There's no doubt I'm falling for him, but I don't want to have any doubts about loving him. Only then I am ready to tell him.

"Let's sleep, Mr Thompson."

"As long you're here beside me, of course." He said sweetly.

This made me smile like a fool. Only he could make me this happy.

~~~

I slowly opened my eyes and yawned. Thank god, it's dark inside the room, or I might've immediately regretted opening my eyes.

I turned to my left, where Daemon was. I felt a little embarrassed about us being naked and because of yesterday.

I noticed that he looked really peaceful while sleeping, somehow he looked younger. When I'm thinking of how ruthless and cold he is to his employees, but to me so caring and lovingly, I can't deny the feeling of joy. Yet, I want him to get nicer to his workers, but every time we talked about that, he told me he had the control and his laborer should know who the king was and how to respect him. I know I can't change that and I have no idea how to be as a Mafia king.

Well, what do I do now?
I tried standing up in order to shower and afterwards make breakfast but that's when I noticed that Daemon's arm was still wrapped around my waist. Nevertheless, I tried to get up slowly and quietly, but...

"Stay.Here." Daemon said in an ordering voice. I laid back.

"You know, you have a nice bum, love." He said in a husky voice.

I think he's trying to make me blush on purpose, but why, he couldn't even see my face anyway.

"Look at me." That's when I said no. I hid my face in the comfortable pillow.

Mhm, this pillow even smells good.

He grabbed my neck and I had no other choice but to look at him.

He smiled.

I raised my eyebrows, questioning.

"You look good after just waking up, Flower." He said.

"Uhm, no?" I said more in a question.

Congratulations, that's the first time you ever talked to Daemon, after just waking up and probably having morning breath. Well done!
My inner voice reminded me.

I felt my cheeks reddening and quickly sat up and running away with the blanket on me, trying to hide everything.

I looked back at him. Bad decision, because he was naked.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking up at me.

"How don't you feel embarrassed laying like that?" I asked him in disbelief and ignoring his question.

"Maybe because you're my wife and you already saw everything?" He answered more in a question.

I just stood there still not really able to believe how careless he lays there.