Chapter 34

Clare's POV

"Daemon, my love, please get up." I started tearing up.

I looked in his pocket for his cellphone to call Rob and the ambulance.

First, I called Rob, because only he knew how to handle this stuff with the ambulance.

"Rob, he got shot and I have no idea what to do. Daemon told me to never call the ambulance but you. Help me!" I cried through the phone.

"We have our private doctors. I call him immediately. Try to talk to him. Don't worry, I'll be here in a few minutes with the doctor." He told me with a serious voice.

"Please be quick." I ended the call.

I looked at my husband, who was laying on the ground.

The wound was on the belly. I went to the living room to look for a cloth, so I could put it on the wound so that he could stop bleeding.

"Please stay awake. I need you. Your wife and baby need you, please hold on." I sobbed. My hands were shaking and I felt sweat pearls on my forehead.

One hand was holding the cloth on his wound and the other one was holding his hand, while his head was in my lap.

"Your baby loves you more than me, you know?" I tried to stay positive, but it wasn't helping.

There was someone shouting my name and I was relieved to recognize Rob's voice. "I'm in the bathroom of our room." I yelled, so he could hear me.

In just one second he was there with a man that looked pretty nervous. "This is the doctor. I'll take care of the dead man."

I nodded.

"Is he dead?" I asked nervously.

The doctor checked his pulse, but shook his head. "No he's not dead, but we need to get him to my hospital, which is a few hundred meters away. So, the transport won't be that difficult."

He went out of the door and I frowned. Is he serious? I'm so confused with those mafia rules or anything that has to do with men.

And men say women are difficult...

Three other men came along with the doctor. They had a patient recliner with them to put Daemon on it, so they can get him in the ambulance and control him more accurately.

"Can I come with him?" I asked with hope in my voice.

Well, if they said no, I would still go with them. I don't care what they want. They are here to save my baby father.

"Yes, of course. We need to hurry up, though. He might be pretty stable right now, but this could change any time." The doctor informed us.

One of the men put an oxygen mask on Daemon's face. It really broke my heart to see him like that.

In the ambulance, the doctor made some controls and took blood samples.

In less than five minutes we were already in a small hospital.

Daemon is laying on the bed now. The cannonball was taken out and then the wound was sewn up.

It's been two hours since the incident and he still hasn't woken up, which worried me. The doctor said it was normal, because he lost blood.

What if he dies? What if I had helped? What if it's my fault?

All those 'what if' questions were killing me.

If Daemon dies, I'll be thinking it was my fault. I know that for sure.

I took his hands in mine. "Daemon, I hope you can hear me, because I'm going to tell you something."