Chapter 46

Clare's POV

We stepped out of the car. I felt so much better, when I could breathe cool air in. Inside the car I felt like I couldn't breathe anymore, as if there wasn't enough air for all three of us to breathe in.

"Wow, this house is gorgeous. Just perfect for you two." My mother's eyes were big, when she entered the house for the first time.

"Thank you, Anita." Daemon smiled at her after I thanked her with a side-hug.

"Do you want to eat something?" I asked her with a smile on my face. "Or do you want to go sleep?"

"No, honey, but thanks for asking." She smiled at me. "Please show me to the room I'm going to sleep in tonight."

I smiled back and led her to the first room that was across our room. In fact this was my 'old' room, before I 'moved out' to Daemon's room. Nothing has changed it still had a queen sized bed in the middle of the room and a bathroom beside it.

That's almost a year ago. It is so crazy how fast time flies, especially after so much happened.

"Come in." I told her and showed her everything of the room and bathroom.

"If you don't like it I can show you another room." I suggested with a look that told her to tell me the truth, because she obviously would never tell me she didn't like the room.

God, why are my feet aching so much? I fell asleep during the car drive and I still am tired, but my biggest problems are my feet.

"No thanks honey, go and rest. You're really tired. I don't like seeing you this way." My mom put her warm hand on my cheek. "I love you, my baby. Thank you for everything."

I hugged her tightly. "No, thank you. Thank you for making me feel as if I've never been gone. This feels so good and right. I love you, mom. And I can't wait for my babies to meet you and Richard."

"I'm so excited. I never thought this could become true. Alright, you need to think about your babies and rest. Good night, baby." She pressed a warm kiss on my forehead.

"Good night, mom." I hugged her one last time before I turned around and made my way toward my room.

Daemon was already laying in bed and looked at the ceiling. A tiny bit of tiredness went away, when I saw him being so handsome in just his black boxers.

As soon as he noticed me, he looked at me with an adorable smile on his face that made me smile back at him immediately.

Today was one of the most beautiful days I've ever had. Daemon almost always made my day to the most perfect one, but today was just great, because I got to learn something new about my real mother. I admit that I was scared in the beginning. Not scared of getting killed or something like that, but scared in being not wanted by a part of my blood, again.

"Hey babe." I smiled back at him. "I'm so exhausted, but also so grateful and happy. Thank you for every single thing. Trust me I would have done some crazy stuff with you, but my feet are killing me and my back."

He chuckled at my tired expression. "Come here. Do you want a massage?"

"No, thanks. I just want to lay down." I put my naked feet on the bed.

My eyes widened, when I felt something press against my stomach. It didn't hurt or something it was more like something tickled me without really tickling me. It felt amazing. Like butterflies.

"Daemon, give me your hand." I grabbed his hand already before he could say a word, and pressed it against my stomach. The same place where one baby kicked.