Chapter 44

Clare's POV

I was shocked. Who the hell thought this would ever happen? Who the hell thought that someone would even think about doing something like that for me?

My mother. The person that gave birth to me. Yet, I don't know anything about her. How ironic.

"How did you find her, Daemon?" I asked completely shocked and confused. "I-i don't understand."

"To be honest, that was really difficult, but we still managed to find her in a pretty short time. I'm not trying to show off or something like that, but I think I'm pretty smart." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"I have the feeling that you don't want to tell me how you found her. Am I right?" I chuckled softly.

Daemon sat down and pulled me on his lap. "You know, I did this in a kind of an illegal way, but that's not important. She doesn't know anything about how we found her, but when she saw how serious we were, she was looking forward to meeting you. Nothing was forced, I promise. Well, I know this is a little rushed, but she comes tomorrow."

As soon as I heard the last sentence I got up as fast as I could. "What? Tomorrow? Couldn't you have told me earlier? You know how awkward this is gonna be. We probably don't even speak the same language."

Daemon took my face in his hands. "She lives in the states, don't worry. Surprisingly, not even that far from here."

I looked up at my beloved crazy husband. "Have you met her already?"

"Yes, and I can tell you that she is really polite and sweet. In fact you look pretty much like her. Trust me she can't wait to meet you." He smiled at me.

"When?"

"Well, actually, when I wanted to surprise you with this the first time, we only had a phone call and she didn't believe us, so a few weeks ago we found her and gave her a visit, so we could inform her more about us or you. I did it after I finished my work, though."

"Daemon, I don't know if I can do this. I mean, I called another woman 'mom' for the most of my life, because I thought she was my mother and now to have a complete stranger in front of me that actually is my mother, is confusing and hard to me, you know?" I was surprised that Daemon still had a serious face expression, when I was whining and talking fast. I really was acting ridiculously.

"Flower, I can completely understand you. I didn't expect you not to be worried or nervous about that, but I know that you want to finally meet her. I'll help you through it, I promise. If you want we can wait a little longer."

Of course I wanted to meet her. Not only I deserve to meet her, but also she deserves to meet me. Her daughter that got kidnapped as a child by sick people.

"No, it's okay, but overwhelming. Do you know anything about her?" I asked curiously with a hopeful face on my face not to be too unknown.

"Her name is Anita Smith. She's 43 years old. You get to know the rest from her personally. Trust me, you'll love her." He smiled in excitement.

"What about my dad?" I asked. The entire time we've been talking about my mother, but no one ever mentioned my biological father.

Daemon looked down uncomfortable. "He got killed in the war. I'm sorry."

This surprised me a little and even if I have no idea who he was, I felt a little sting in my heart. Nobody deserves to die under such circumstances. That's totally terrifying!

"It's okay. It's not your fault." I rolled my eyes after he apologized. "Let's relax a little, because I don't think too much nervousness is good for our babies and us."