Chapter 41

Clare's POV

"Daemon, I need to warn you. I am not good at swimming, so if you dare laugh at me, you will get a punishment." I tried to sound serious, but knew I failed, when I saw him chuckling, probably because I was as red as a tomato.

"It is okay. I don't think I'm that much better than you, because I haven't swum in ages." He hugged me in the water. That was a new, but nice feeling. I hadn't feel that careless for a very long time. The only thing I had to take care of was my swimming technique. "Don't worry, I am right here beside you, love."

"Show me how bad you swim, so I get a little confidence boost." I joked, but when I saw how he smirked, I knew there was something weird going to come.

My doubts were destroyed, when I saw how fast and determined he swam.

"I don't think I'm that much better than you, because I haven't swum in ages"
I'm disappointed in myself for believing he's not that well in swimming.

Yet, it was really sexy how he moved. I was so proud that he was MY husband, when we would go somewhere I always could feel how girls stared at him, but he never cared enough to give them a single glance.

The more I thought about everything he did for me, the more I hated myself for making him sad.

He came diving towards me and I was about to melt when he got up and the water dripped down his body.

"Like what you see?" This question was unexpected, but doesn't surprise me at all.

"Of course." I rolled my eyes, but smiled at the same time. "So, that's what you call being out of shape?"

Daemon's face lit up. I don't know why, but I think he likes getting those kinds of compliments.

"That was nothing, though." He chuckled now at my shocked face. "Wow, you really thought this was spectacular?"

I just rolled my eyes at his reaction. I'm sorry, but I'm not really athletic.

"Don't roll your eyes at me, Flower." He hugged me from behind.

"Teach me how to swim." I grinned widely at him. "But be slow, because I still have our baby inside my belly."

Daemon kneeled in front of me and caressed my stomach. "Hello baby, do you even have the slightest idea of how beautiful your mother is? You're one lucky child to have her, even though she can be confusing and commanding and angry and all that other stuff. We're waiting for you and please don't make any troubles in there."

Tears were dropping out of my eyes, but they weren't tears of sadness, but happiness. I'm so grateful for my husband and my unborn child, even though Daemon indirectly admitted that I was exasperating sometimes.

"Let's start with the lesson. First we do some relaxing stuff, in some 'exercises' you need to trust me, like the first one. Lay calmly on the water, on your back. Don't worry, I'll hold you, so you won't drown and die." He smirked.

"Daemon, I hope the last sentence was a joke." I looked at him with a serious look, yet I did what I was told and his hands on my back underneath the water made me feel safe.

I took deep breaths and looked up to Daemon with a big grin on my face.

After ten minutes, I wanted to start with something else that was more interesting.

"If I hear you complain, I'll get a massage." Daemon chuckled devilishly.

***

"Daemon, my legs are aching. Don't you think you're a little too strict to me?" I whined. We'd been 'swimming' for hours.