Chapter 37

Daemon started breathing more quickly. He looked like he had a panic attack and I had no idea what to do.

"Daemon? Are you okay?" I asked him with fear in my voice.

Oh god, what have I done?

"How can I be fine, when you want to leave me?" Daemon looked at me with widened eyes.

I rolled my eyes. Apparently he didn't understand me. "If you don't tell me what's going on here, then I'll leave you. Think of it as if it's a deal."

Suddenly, I saw his glassy eyes. "If I tell you, you will leave me. I don't want that to happen. I wanted you for so long, I-i just can't let you go away. It's her purpose, her goal. She wants us to get a divorce."

That didn't make sense to me. "Daemon tell me what's wrong with you. Did you cheat on me?"

"What? No. It's something I did in the past." He looked me in the eyes. "I did lie to you. Laura was pregnant."

I gasped. He had a child all the time, but didn't tell me anything?

"And I forced her to get an abortion."

What? Is this the real Daemon? Is this one of the many reasons why everybody was so scared of him?

Probably, because I know for sure that this is not the Daemon I know.

I was disgusted. It felt like the last breath came out of my lungs. Tears were running down my cheeks like a waterfall. My mouth was opened, but nothing came out. The only thing that was in my mind was the baby he killed.

I tried to get back to my seat without saying anything. Thank god he didn't say anything nor did he hold me back.

"I'm sorry for being such an ass of a husband. I can understand it if you don't want to talk to me, but please don't leave me."

I looked the other way to the window of the car next to me.

I'll probably be never able to look him into the eyes without imagining how he forced her to do that. It was obvious that she wanted us to get apart and probably even kill... my baby.

"You're so stupid to think she just wants us to get a divorce. She's not jealous of me being together with you, but me being pregnant. She will try anything to kill our child." I started hitting Daemon.

He didn't even try to prevent me from hitting him. My heart hurt at the sight of his face, he looked so sad, disappointed as if he wanted to die.

"Do you even regret it?" I asked him, but the question came out as a whisper.

His hand went through his dark hair. "Honestly, no. She wasn't even a month pregnant."

My heart cracked. He was a monster.

"Not only that. That child wouldn't have had a nice life." Daemon's eyes were on the steering wheel.

He started driving again without saying another word.

"You're a damn monster, Daemon. How do you think I'll be-" He interrupted me.

"She said if I didn't marry her she would give birth to the baby and kill it in front of my eyes, so all I could do was forcing her to an abortion. To be exact, I threatened to kill her parents and that's when she knew I was serious. That's the reason why I didn't regret anything, because I know what a whore she is. If she hadn't killed the baby, she would've done things to the baby you can't imagine." His voice was calm.

Everything was so much and so confusing to me.

"I regret not killing her in the first place, but I thought she would have a bad life after knowing what happened."