Chapter 47

Clare's PoV

The best mornings for me are those when Daemon is still asleep and the bed is warm, but the actual warmth comes from his body.

I tried to hug Daemon even tighter and pull him more to me. Obviously he was asleep and couldn't notice anything, but I just loved the way his body gave me sparkles.

My heart warmed up with the thought of having my mother here. Thankfully, today I feel so much better than yesterday evening. Even though I was not in the mood to get up and do anything, I still wanted to surprise my mother and Daemon with a delicious breakfast.

With a quiet groan I tried everything to unwrap myself from Daemon warm, but heavy arms and was glad he didn't wake up. I put on a blue sundress that unfortunately his my belly a little.

Before actually going to the kitchen to fulfill my plans, I had gone into the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth and wash my face.

I closed the bedroom door carefully and slowly tiptoed my way to the kitchen. Unfortunately, I was stupid enough not to put on some socks or shoes, but I thought it would get warmer in the kitchen as soon as I started making breakfast.

After a pretty long minute I still haven't found any milk. Neither did I find any eggs.

"Do I really have to go upstairs now and wake Daemon up to buy with me some groceries?" I mumbled to myself.

After letting out a big sigh of frustration, I went upstairs again. Before I went into Daemon's and my room, I stopped because I heard someone summing.

I knew who it was. Or who it definitely was not.

She opened her door and stepped out of the room with a big smile.

"Good Morning." I whispered with a big grin, too. "Did you sleep well?"

My mom nodded softly, but then came over and hugged me tightly. I heard how she started sobbing a little. "I thought I was dreaming, when I woke up."

I unwrapped my arms and looked her deeply in the eyes. "You weren't dreaming, though."

A door flew open and all I hoped was that he wasn't wearing only his boxers.

My eyes wandered first to Daemon's body after I sucked in a breath. He wore black basketball shorts and a random black shirt.

I finally exhaled.

"Morning, Anita. Flower, where have you been? Since when do you wake up earlier than me?"

"I don't know, but we have a little problem. I wanted to make something for breakfast but I didn't find any eggs. Neither do I find any milk." My voice sounded really exasperated.

Daemon just looked at me with a smirk on his face.

My mouth was tightly shut, but my cheeks were burning slightly. I just hoped my mother didn't notice this kind of weird tension between us. Ugh. I hate him for thinking so weirdly.

"I'm sorry, but I can't stay for breakfast, unfortunately. My Richard isn't capable of staying too much on his own." She looked down, while she said this.

I already opened my mouth to say something, but I felt like I didn't know her too well to ask too personal questions about her husband. Obviously I was worried, but we have to enjoy our time before start talking about personal issues.

The question now was: Is she sad because she has to leave me or is she sad because she has to get back to her house?

"Uhm, okay, well, that's sad." I cleaned my throat. "We'll bring you home, mom. Let's go to the car."