Chapter 1

Clare's POV

The sound of me eating my popcorn and the crying of Bonnie, when she found out her grandmother died broke the usual silence in my room, which I was really grateful for. The silence has turned into my biggest enemy.

It's been really boring since I dropped out of college. Not that it was my fault. It was really my parents' fault. They didn't let me graduate, only because they wanted me to start working and earn unnecessary money. My parents are both really famous journalists who earn a lot of money, more than we need, and have to travel all over the world. That's one of the reasons why they are barely home.

I don't believe that there is one child who got told from their rich parents to drop out of school to earn money. This would never happen if the parents loved their child. I know, I could've said no but I love my parents too much and I want them to love me back, that's why I always do what they want me to do; it's not much of an importance whether I'm comfortable with their wish or not.

What they didn't think about was that nowadays you can barely get a job with a good salary without having graduated.

Now, they are mad at me that for not being able to find a job, which gives me so much pressure. If they at least let me have a smaller job.

I turned off my laptop after I had heard that my phone was ringing. It obviously was my only friend that could've called me. Lisa. Not even my parents call me, which is really depressing, when you're home alone.

"Clare, what are you doing?" Lisa asked, probably with a smirk on her face. She always asks me what I'm doing, when she wants to go out.

"I'm watching 'The Vampire Diaries'. Why don't you come over and watch it with me? I really think the next episode is going to make me cry." I asked her back, secretly hoping she wouldn't say no.

"Mmm... No. I have a better idea. How about going out. Like going to a club. Maybe you'll meet some nice guys for tonight?"

I removed my phone from my ear for a second out of frustration. She knows that I'm a virgin and would never go out to look for an one-night-stand.

"Just come over and we can talk about that later." My voice was by now the definition of annoyed. If she heard the irritation in my voice, she wouldn't care anyways.

Thankfully, she agreed with a simple 'yes' and immediately ended the call. It's so sad to know, at least for me, how she never wants to do something relaxing.

Somehow I couldn't blame her for only wanting to go out and drinking the entire night. Lisa's ex-boyfriend cheated on her with her stepsister almost six months ago. She couldn't talk to anybody for a month, not with me and neither with her parents. Thank god, she has started talking with me again, but when I start asking her about her family she still remains silent, which I'm not really mad about.

I heard the doorbell ring and already knew it's Lisa. I mean who could have come else, she is my only friend, since I have some trust issues I didn't want to think of. I ran to open the door for her. And I saw my already dressed up best friend.

Her dark brown hair is curled. She's got beautiful big brown eyes and a body many girls would kill for.

She wears a red skinny dress that ended above her knees. And her makeup was on point as always. She's so beautiful.

I am actually supposed to be jealous, but she is like my sister, so this is not how our friendship is working.

"Clare how do you look like? Ugh" She asked with a disgusted look and went inside the house without even asking for allowance.

I looked at myself. I wore black leggings and a wide oversized gray hoodie. I didn't look that bad to be honest. Maybe the bun on my head was bothering her.