"No one wants to know your lack of a love life!" Mr.Orien shouted.

"But, I'm going out on a date tonight!" I screamed, not caring about how pathetic I sound.

"Don't come back!"

"My fingers are crossed for exactly that on our third date!" I crossed and laughed dramatically. Again, its been a long time.

Amoli grasps my hands, and we began dancing in circles, "I'm going on a date," I sang.

"You're not going to die with fifty cats!"

I stop dancing, "You thought I was going to die with fifty cats?"

She shrugged, "At one point. Yeah." She chuckled awkwardly; before shoving the taser at me.

I held it up in the air, "I don't need this."

"You never know, this is a nasty world we live in." She nodded furiously with her own statement.

The bell rings; causing our conversation to halt. "Oh shit. Oh shit. Oh shit," I repeated under my breath; shoving the taser in my purse.

Amoli turn towards me, "Breath?"

I exhaled.

"Good. Pits?"

I place my arms up.

She smells it at a distance, "Good. Teeth?"

I show her my teeth.

"Excellent."

I seriously don't know what I'll do without her.

Pulling my curls forward, I strutted towards the door. Inhaling a deep breath, I heard the second doorbell ring and took my time to open it. I don't want to seem too eager. Opening the door, Cason came into view. He had a nicely fitted suit, not fancy rather casual with a bundle of flowers. We stood there staring at each other before Amoli start coughing to snap us out of our dreams. He looks good; the boy next door kind of sweetness.

"Oh, Cason. This is my roommate, Amoli. Amoli...Cason." I tried my best not to squeal.

Cason lifted his hand and Amoli took it, not bothering to hide the grand smile. "Oh, I heard about you." Oh, no. "But, it doesn't seem that Viv told me everything."

"What didn't she tell you?" Cason question with a lopsided smile; somehow seemingly entertained.

"Please, don't," I whispered, feeling my cheeks burning.

"She didn't tell me how handsome you are." She gave me one of her I-am-going-to-embarrass-the-shit-out-of-you look.

"Okay, let's go, Cason," I said, with a forced smile trying to save whatever interest Cason had left in me.

"Oh, wait...Umm, this is for you." Cason hand it to me, "I'm not sure if you like flowers and which kind; but the florist told me this is the most popular."

I smile, gazing at the flowers he handed to me.

"If you don't like it, I can bring chocolate next time or...something." Next time.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. Children-" Please, stop Amoli. "next time?"

I slap the flowers at Amoli. "I love it. Let's go."

"Wait!" Amoli screamed, "Bring her back before 10, and she like gift cards."

I glare at her. She meant to say; she likes gift cards. Amoli thinks its more practical than flowers; so all the guys she dated through college had always given her...gift cards.

"Gift cards?" Cason chuckled; not understanding the seriousness of her demand.

"Fine. You two drove a hard bargain. In the morning," she winked.

"I'll be back at 11," I grounded my molars. I place a kiss on Marisa's cheek. "Goodnight."

Once we were out the door, I looked at Cason and exhaled, "I'm so sorry about her. She's...Amoli."

He laughed, "I don't mind. She seems nice."

"She seems nice." I repeated his words.

"She cares."

I nodded and smiled, "She does."

Cason cleared his throat as we entered the elevator. It was quiet between us. "I'm sorry." He chuckled lowly, as the elevator music play in the background. "It's been a while since I went on a date, so I'm not sure what to say."

I bit my lower lip, "You can...tell me. I look nice."

He scratches the back of his neck, "You...look beautiful."

I can tell, this will be one hell of a night, and it was...literally. I didn't expect it to end with me being in jail for beating up my ex-husband with a four-inch heel and...nearly blinding him with a traveling bottle of tequila liquor.