03/01/20 | 태현

MARCH 1 YEAR 20

All four of us were called to the police station. They told us that it was about Kai's family's case that they have now solved.
Kai looked confuse and worried on the way to the station. He was so quiet, but I left him to it to let him think and mentally prepare himself.

When we arrived, Shihye was in there with her older brother from last time. I asked her what she was doing there and she told me that she stand as a witness. A boy my age introduced himself as Choi Beomgyu, son of the investigators standing for the case and Kai and Shihye's classmate. He said that he has a strong evidence that we'll be seeing sooner.

I was also nervous. Nervous for Kai. I'm afraid that he might lock himself once again if it was something really bad.

"The autopsy results and findings of the three corpses seems to be different from what generally happened that day. We've also gathered camera footages from the nearby houses and an audio clip." The chief investigator said and told us the whole story while playing the footages.

I checked Kai's behaviour while Namjoon-hyung was reading out his family's autopsy results and findings. He was silent the whole time. He looked taken aback in shock and surprise. His hands were fidgeting while he was looking down the floor and biting his lips.

They were horrible and gruesome. The autopsy findings. Especially his sister's that Namjoon-hyung read out last. Kai had his hands in a fist and I could see veins pop out through his pale skin.

Then they played the audio clip that Beomgyu took at family day. My parents and I's eyes were wide in shock. It was as if the criminal was giving out that information out loud.

"Who was it?" My mother asked, voice shaking.

"Were, maam." The chief investigator corrected her. "There were more than one person involving the case. Three to be exact."

Kai looked up from the floor to meet the chief investigator's eyes. "Three?"

"Yes, and they are people you know."
"Mr. Cheon Soogeun, Cheon Myungkyu and Cheon Jinsoo."

Kai's eyes widen.

"I have been told that Jinsoo, your classmate, is pretty obsessed about you on a whole other level. She have spreaded rumors about you and her, bullied Shihye and was the first one to know that you and Sihye were 'siblings."

"You see, we found her diary when we were called by the neighbour that they were a lot of breaking noise coming from their house. When we got there, her mother's body was on the floor, dead. We searched the house for her and she was writing on this before we took her to detention like her father and uncle."

The chief investigator pulled out a very thick pink and black glitter coated book from a plastic bag.

"We've read all her entries. She doesn't write often but it was enough for us to understand. She was abused by her mother ever since she was a child. She had bruises and cuts and was recently drugged when we checked her yesterday."

I didn't know Jinsoo but what the chief investigator told us was enough for me to picture her out. She was desperate for Kai's attention. She wanted him ALONE to herself. So she wanted everyone around him killed.

TAEHYUN, 20:21