08/14/19 | 범규

AUGUST 14 YEAR 19

Today, our first ever mixed student has transferred to Minyeol Academy Class 2A. The girls looked so dry with all that thick makeup they've put on their faces.

The transfer student, Kai, was a good looking kid. Younger than me and ever since he entered the class, the girls has been giving him cat eyes.
All except Kim Shihye.
She was as usual facing the window and everything around her is muted by her earphones.

I wonder what is it that she's always listening to?

Lunch came and I went to drag Kai out of the classroom because I know that those girls are going to shove food down his throat if I didn't.
On our way, he jokingly asked me if I was jealous of all the attention he's getting and I immediately denied his statement.

But he wasn't quite wrong, a part of me was a tad bit jealous of the attention he's getting. But a part of me wasn't. I am quite famous myself since my cousin was last year's Student Council Sargent at Arms. But he was a bit of a lunatic so...

We went to the canteen and I stopped dragging him until we stood on the line to get some food. I told him that it's my treat and that we'll be eating at the rooftop to avoid being followed by the girls once again. We both decided on the day's menu before he excused himself to the toilet.

A full five minutes passed, the queue was getting shorter but he wasn't around yet. Where could he be? Was he lost? How? There's like signs everywhere.

I groaned as I left the queue to go to the toilet. Maybe he's hiding in there? I knocked on every single stall, calling his name only to get a few 'what do you want?'s and just silence. He wasn't there so I started for the stairs to the rooftop, he must know where it is right?

Kai was running down the stairs when I started for the first case. He said that he was in a rush and something came up that he'll be having lunch at home.

I was still confuse but then moments later, Shihye was also running down the stairs, hands busy on taking off her earphones. She stopped in front of me. Her expression was a mix of emotions; fear, worry and uneasiness.

"Have you seen the transfer student?" She asked, almost in a hurry. It was the first time I've heard her voice and it was so soothing that I wanted to enjoy every bit of it.

"He's on his way out of campus, why?" I saw her eyes went widen at my reply before quickly turning away and running to the main exit once again. From her pocket, her phone and earphones flew out as she sprinted.

I hurriedly went to pick it up. A crack ran through the screen and I sighed in relief when I realised that it was just in the protecting screen. I wasted no time in running after her.

Halting, I reached outside the campus. She's stood there, in front of Kai. I couldn't see what happened but I was affirmative that what I saw was enough for me to walk away and give her phone to the Student Council for a lost and found.

She had her hands cupped on his cheeks.

You too Shihye?

ㅡ BEOMGYU, 22:34