01/28/20 | 휴닝카이

JANUARY 28 YEAR 20

I was - as usual - walking behind Shihye with hesitating thoughts to whether approach her or not. She had her earphones on the whole time - like always - so she hopefully didn't hear any of my nonsensical self arguments.

I realised I missed my chance when I arrived in front of my house, then I looked over Shihye's house and saw that someone was waiting at their doorway with a large envelope in his hands. Then Taehyun came from the back in an attempt to scare me.

"Hey, you must be Kai right?" the unfamiliar tall good looking man asked.

"Y-Yes. Can I help you with anything?" I asked, glancing at Taehyun.

"Can you come in with me for a sec?" He ushered inside Shihye's house after she got in. Taehyun kind of pushed me when I hesitated but we came in anyways.

The man is Namjoon-hyung, Shihye's biological brother who is an intern at a hospital. Their parents were also at the table, sitting across Namjoon and me. Their parents both sat still and didn't even greet me.

"Mom and dad. After your suspicious behaviour and claims that him right here is your son, we requested for another dna test." He grabbed the envelope Shihye was holding a while ago and placed it on the table to see the results.

Chance of parentage: 0.01%

I felt a pang of relief and immediately made eye contact with Shihye who had a blank expression. Did she knew the result already?
Then I look over Taehyun who had the same expression.

"What is the meaning of all this ruckus?" Namjoon-hyung asked them.

Then truth came spilling down. They were threatened by their boss of retirement if they couldn't convince us.

Shihye then asked why would they do such a thing and her parents had no idea either. They apologised to me and Shihye for how much problem it caused to our friendship. I forgave them, but I sure will never forget this.

Taehyun and I had to go back for dinner. When we were by the door, I told Taehyun that he could just go ahead because I wanted to talk to Shihye. With a playful glint in his eyes, Taehyun complied and went in first.

Shihye was the first one to talk. She apologised for avoiding me for a long time in which I responded to that it was okay. There was silence after that. I didn't know what I was thinking, but I pulled her to me and hugged her. Her warmth spreading and I felt very comfortable. I didn't expect her to hug back, but I smiled when she did.

HUENINGKAI, 20:09