10/14/19 | 태현

OCTOBER 14 YEAR 19

I was on my way to Minyeol Academy to pick Kai up, when I remembered what happened this morning. Kai made breakfast for all of us. Omelette rice and waffles. When we ate, Kai thanked my parents and I for taking care of him and being there for him. We said that it was nothing and that we treat him like my brother.

I sensed that something was odd but couldn't quite point it out.

When arriving at the entrance, I saw a girl with the same concept of uniform as Kai. I stopped her to ask if she knew Kai, she nodded then I asked if she knew of where he was.

What happened next caught me off gaurd, her eyes shut close before her body collapsed. I caught her just in time and was lucky enough that a teacher was around to see what has happened. I had her on my arms while the teacher lead me to the school infirmary on the floor upstairs.

When we arrived and I had placed her on the bed, she awoken and immediately sprinted out of the infirmary. I was hella confused, but followed after her.

She was running up the stairs taking two flights at a time. She entered a prohibited area but she didn't seem like a girl who cared.

When I swung the door open, Kai was tackled on the floor nearby the metallic railings of the edge of the rooftop. Was he just about to jump off?

I watched as she hastily rolled off his left sleeves to reveal a lot of cuts on his wrists, old and new. I gasped and my eyes widen. Kai- what were you thinking?!

Kai tried to move his arm off her hold but she held it tight before pulling him to her embrace. It took seconds for Kai to process, but eventually, he broke down. Unknowingly, he had his arms wrapped around her tightly as he cried his heart out, letting every emotion drip uncontrollably like the flow of his tears. He was holding her as if she was the last person he could hold onto, as if she'll disappear from him if he let go.

He might've not heard nor seen it, but she was crying too.

How did she know that Kai was up here? Especially, how did she know of the cuts even I didn't know of?

ㅡ TAEHYUN, 17:31