11/29/19 | 범규

NOVEMBER 29 YEAR 19

The rumor kept getting worse and worse day by day ever since Monday. But today, I snapped and I couldn't just sit and watch anymore.

At Tuesday, the girls went to interrogate Shihye while she sits on her table not paying attention to them. They asked wether it was true that Kai and her were dating. She said 'no', but the girls showed the picture and said 'I don't believe you'.

"Then why ask in the first place." was what told them off. They knew they couldn't fight with Shihye mentally and verbally as she is smart and sharp tounged.

So they did it physically.

They broke her locker in front of her, but Shihye could care less since it was empty anyways. They would throw paper balls on her and call her names. One time, one of the girls purposely hurled a ball when we were playing softball. It hit Shihye on the knee and she limped a bit the whole day.

I don't know how Shihye is still keeping that blank expressionless face after all of these. Even when Jinsoo purposely pushed her on the stairs, sending Shihye stumbling forward but luckily enough I catched her. Jinsoo faked an 'Oops, sorry.' before laughing as she walked away with her so called friends.

Kai's side isn't that bright either. I know he wants to do something to stop it, but he just doesn't know what and follows Shihye's lead to denying the rumors.

Today, on my way to detention, I passed the toilet and heard frantic knocks and screams on one of the stalls in the girls' bathroom. There was class and nobody else was around. So I went to see what was happening. On the floor outside the stall was Shihye's bag, phone and earbuds plugged in.

"Shihye? Are you in there?"

"Beomgyu? Beomgyu! Please help me out of here!"

Never in my life have I ever heard her so scared. The stall was locked from the outside and I was confused as to how that was possible. I immediately went to grab a teacher to open the stall. As soon as the door opened, I saw Shihye sitting on the floor, chin on her knees as dry tears drenched her cheeks. The teacher asked her what happened but she didn't answer and said that she was fine. But I already knew the answer. I helped her up and out the toilet to the canteen to calm her down a bit before following her home.

I went back to school at the end of the day to find Jinsoo. She was on the hallway, laughing with her friends as they watched a video. A video of Shihye screaming and crying for help.

"Must be hard to be claustrophobic." They joked and laughed at the video again. "You ready? I'm going to send it to everyone."

And that's when I saw red. It happened fast, but I went to their group circle, I grab Jinsoo's phone and smashed it on the ground.

The phone's screen and cover shattered at how harsh my throw was. Jinsoo screeched at her broken phone and asked me what my problem was.

"You. You're the problem. What is wrong with you, you psycho bitch!? Got more tricks under your miniskirt, huh? Stay away from Shihye or I won't only break your phone, but your fucking neck too. You like threats don't you?"

She looked terrified at me. I don't get angry, I've never been so mad at anyone like this. For me, her kind of people are intolerable and must be teached a lesson.

Kai can hesitate all day long, Shihye can not care at all, but I am not holding back on people humiliating my friends.

BEOMGYU, 19:01