02/06/20 | 씨혜

FEBRUARY 6 YEAR 20

Hasn't he moved on yet? He's been smiling and laughing these past few weeks and I suddenly see him in his black hoodie walking the alley way aimlessly on my way home from my part time job.

I planned to avoid him and pretended as if he wasn't there, but he blocked me from going any further. He had a gloomy aura when he asked if we could go to my uncle's pet shop.
I felt like he wanted something off his mind so I agreed. He was quiet and looking out the window the whole bus ride which was very unusual of him but I didn't say anything either.

When we entered, the shop was closing, but my aunt let us in.

Kai greeted her with a forced smile and I could see that she saw it too. My uncle popped out of nowhere and invited Kai to play with the dogs.

Then my aunt asked what happened I told her that I had no idea (which I really didn't). She shrugged it off when we heard Kai laughing and told me that she is finally getting a baby and wanted to name her baby 'Kai' if it's a boy. I grinned at the thought.

My uncle told me that he was amused of Kai.
"No one has ever had an army of dogs swarmed around one who doesn't have snacks." Then proceeded to teasing me with, "Maybe because your scent lingers around him."

I knew what he meant by that.

Kai and I ordered food and ate at the shop's kitchen where no pets are allowed to enter. He was still quiet while we were eating, but I wasn't really bothered by the silence. Suddenly he suddenly started talking about Kasumi who he is amused of. I stayed quiet the whole time he talked about how cute she was, how playful and obedient. Oh how he wished she was his pet. He was smiling the whole time he talked about her.

When we were done eating, Kai went to play with them some more while I went to ask my uncle about Kasumi.

"Kasumi? Oh that over enthusiastic of a dog! She was brought here by a family when your second semester started. The daughter named her Kasumi. They told me that they're coming to take her in a week but they never came back again."

At the start of our semester... August?

"Can I see their record?" My uncle was a bit puzzled by my question but he showed me anyways. And just like my guess.

It was Kai's parents who brought Kasumi at August 7, 2019. Was Kasumi their birthday present?

I told him to promise me not to sell her.

Later that night when aunt and uncle finally retired up to their house (they live right above the shop), I went to check up on Kai. He was fast asleep on the couch with a blanket around him and Kasumi layed beside him around his stomach area. I smiled at the scene.

They were both so cute.

SHIHYE, 23:56