02/07/20 | 씨혜

FEBRUARY 7 YEAR 20

It was family day earlier this day. My parents couldn't attend due to their job interviews that they eventually passed and they are now both hired.

I wasn't even meant to write anything about this day, because I thought it wouldn't be something special. But what information I managed to get today needs to be written down.

Kai was with me the whole time since we didn't have our parents with us. Jinsoo approached us with her uncle and father who introduced themselves. Her father was a director of a successful franchise company and her uncle is his assistant.

'What is a prestige franchising director doing in such crammed school events like these?' was my very first thought.

Then I remembered.. He's Jinsoo's father - of course he'll be here.

Jinsoo's uncle looked very very familiar. I've seen him atleast more than one time. Then something clicked in my mind that moment.

He looked like the man I sketched.

I didn't explain why but I whispered to Kai to act like we were siblings. He was puzzled but nodded nonetheless.

Jinsoo invited us to sit with him them since her father wants to get to know her daughter's family-in-law.

"I heard you guys found out you were siblings. How is the progress? Are you getting close?" Her father asked. Jinsoo looked at me, expecting her expected answer.

"Yes. It was hard to start with, but we're slowly getting to know each other." Was what I said to play it off since Kai already looked very tense.

Then her uncle started speaking, "What about your so-called biological parents. What happened to them?"

It sounded like he was mocking Kai, who was even tenser this time. He was about to lose it there but fortunately I managed to calm him down.

When Kai lowly mumbled, "They're dead..", I saw Jinsoo's uncle's smirk through his wine glass.

"Gas explosion?"

That was another clue I was looking for. Jinsoo and her father had quite a confused look which Kai didn't notice and I grinned internally. NO ONE knew that Kai's family died of a GAS explosion.

How did Jinsoo's uncle knew of that one information even Jinsoo herself didn't know?

"Yes..." was Kai's answer.

I was thankful he still was sullen at the moment and that the uncle was enjoying Kai's reaction that even the man didn't realise his own mistake.

Also, I have an idea who my parent's director is.

Simple, Jinsoo's father.

We told no one anything about us being 'siblings'. And Jinsoo also plays something to this so called game of theirs.

SHIHYE, 20:13