10/15/19 | 씨혜

OCTOBER 15 YEAR 19

I didn't bother going to school today. Everything that happened yesterday was still a blur for me. It happened all too fast.

After my meeting with the Student Council, I passed the music room where I heard a very familiar piece playing on the piano. It was a beautiful piece and the one playing it must be really skillful. I listened for a minute or two before walking off once again.

A guy, which I eventually learned was named Taehyun, asked me if I knew where Kai was before I blacked out. I projected off and without my consent, I was at the staircase seeing Kai slowly making his way up the rooftop and rubbing his wrist.

I looked closer, there were cuts on them then a series of images flashed in my mind. The dream pieces I got for the passed five weeks all connected to what was shown to me.

The rotting apple was Kai's fake smiles, the cracking statue was his cutting that is tearing himself to pieces, the metallic railings were the railings of the rooftop, the waving girl was his farewell and the glass falling off and shattering to pieces was him..

jumping off the rooftop.

I woke up as soon as I could and sprinted out of wherever I was brought to. I headed for the stairs to the rooftop and I could hear Taehyun running close behind me. When I swinged the door open, Kai was standing there, on the railings and ready to end his pathetic life.

I was quick enough to grab his shirt and pulled him down to the ground. It wasn't a harsh fall. He landed with his behind first and his eyes widen when he saw me. I brushed off his shocked look to grab his wrist and roll off his sleeves. There it was, his cut-filled wrist with old and new ones. He tried to shook me off but sympathy and emotions clouded my mind that I pulled him to a hug. I didn't know what got into me, but I was so relieved. So relieved that I made it in time.

He too started crying and I felt him wrap his arms around me tightly as he let it all out. As he cried, I murmured one thing that made him cry even more.

"Your family wouldn't have wanted you to jump off."

ㅡ SHIHYE, 5:54