XI. Lack of per se Proper Husband

Começar do início

"Yes?"

"How did you guys make a white baby?"

I rolled my eyes, "It's because its not his baby," I said, before storming out of the building, leaving everyone to their own thoughts.

Inhaling some fresh air - or as fresh as the city can get - I roll the stroller towards the bus stop only to find out that I missed the bus. "Shit!" I screamed. The pressure of build up rage burst even farther and without a second thought, I kick the bus sign only to receive divine pain in return.

Attempting to wobble towards a footstep, my heel decides to crack at that particular moment. I drop to the cement ground, with Marisa staring at me. I burst out in tears, ignoring the passing pedestrian. "Do you believe mommy is pathetic too?" I cried, shoving my face into her belly. "I am so fired!"

I finally got hired only to get fire on the first day. I blame this whole thing on Liam! When I finally gathered my life together and grew a bit of confidence, he decides to return. Above everything else, he dared to call me his wife.

Two horn beeping caught my attention, and I look up to see Mauricio inside a sweet ride. "Need a ride?"

"No."

He pulls down the sun visor to check himself out. "Are you sure?" he wasn't even looking at me instead running his fingers through his hair and winking at himself.

"Yes."

Another horn made its appearance, and I turn my head to see another expensive car. The driver stepped out, "A real man would drive his own car!" Mauricio screamed while Liam steps out, buttoning up his jacket to hide the coffee stain from public views.

He stood there, "Need a ride?"

I look away, "No."

He stares momentarily before stepping over me to enter the coffee shop. I turn my head to see Mauricio's car long gone. I close my eyes, inhaling and exhaling some deep breathes before hearing the bell ding once more.

"Yes."

Liam lift the coffee upon his lip, "What?"

"Yes, you can give me a ride home." Pride? What's that?

A short chuckle escapes Liam's lip before he tilts his head towards the car. "You can go home," he told the driver who nods, before handing Liam the keys. The driver looks around the place before walking down the street. Instead of helping me stand up, Liam leisurely rests his back against the car door and stare at me.

"Can you help me?" I said once more remembering Liam's personality.

He lifts a brow, "Who?"

I stood up, barely hanging onto Marisa's stroller. "Liam can you help me?"

He continued sipping his coffee.

I ground my molars, "Please."

Liam hand the coffee to the driver before walking towards me. Without a single word, he lifts me in his arms, and I automatically release a weird high pitched sound. "What are you doing?"

"Carrying you."

"Why? Drop me!"

He drops me onto the cement. "Ow! You fucking asshole! I meant put me down!"

"I did put you down."

I inhale a sharp breath before standing up. This is it; once he gives me a ride home, I am done with this emotionless man. I wobble towards the car and Liam open the door. Unbuckling Marisa, I held her before staring at the stroller. How did Lisa take the stroller apart again?