38~ Due Soon

I feel sick. Like really sick. I think I'm jet lagged or something. I keep throwing up, I look pale, I feel like dying right now. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and started throwing up. I couldn't go back to sleep so I brushed my teeth, twice. And showered. Today I woke up the same. Vomiting and showering again. So today I'm going to the doctors and asking for some medications or something. I really hope it's just a jet lag.

I changed into leggings and a black t shirt. I paired it with Nike's and got out, knocking on my dad's door and telling him I'd be going to the store. I didn't want him worrying. I knocked on Logan's and told him the same. He offered to come, but I refused, telling him I wouldn't take long. He agreed, but after a while.

So now here I am, sitting in a doctor's office. She took a blood test on me because she found the symptoms pretty odd. Immediately, she examined my blood. I'm patiently sitting in her office while she's in another room. I really hope it's nothing bad.

She came back a while later with a clipboard. And took another blood test.
D. Alright, so while another doctor examines your blood, I'll be asking you some questions.
A. Alright.
D. So you've been experiencing nauseas right?
A. Yeah
D. Have you been experiencing any headaches?
A. A little bit
D. Swollen breasts?
A. Yeah...but what do these questions have to do with what I'm feeling?
D. I'll answer that in a second. We have to make sure, first. I don't want to give you false news.
I nodded, slightly confused.
D. Alright, when was the last time you had your period?
I thought about it for a moment. Now that I think about it, I haven't had it for a while.
A. I'm not sure.
D. Has it been more than a month?
I nodded
D. How about two months?
A. Probably.
D. Have you by any chance felt dizzy?
A. No...
D. Cravings?
A. barely
She nodded and finished writing stuff down.
D. I'll be back in a few minutes.
I nodded

It's been 2 hours. She made me wait two hours! She came in, looking at me with a small smile. She sat in front of me with a yellow folder. I looked nervously at her.
D. Calm down Ms. Lacroix. It's not bad news.
I sighed in relief.
D. If anything, it should be great news!
A. What is it?
D. Ms. Lacroix, you have a little human growing in your small belly.
She said while giving me a huge grin.
D. Congratulations!
I froze
A. I'm pregnant?
I said, kind of shocked and confused.
D. Yeah, 11 weeks old.
A. A-are you sure?
I asked scared. I am scared.
D. Yeah? Why, is this not good news?
A. I-I. This is. I'm scared
I asked, tears starting to form in my eyes. She gave me a sympathetic look.
D. Are you and the father not together?
Logan. Logan's the dad. What will he think?
A. No, we are! I just. I don't know if he wants a child.
D. Think of this as a test. If he doesn't want a child, he isn't the one for you. If he actually loves you, he'll support you no matter what.
I wiped away my tears and nodded.
A. Ok.
She handed me over the papers that said I was pregnant.
D. You said your only here for a visit right?
I nodded
D. Than I suggest, when you go back home, you request an appointment with your doctor and give them these forms. Schedule an appointment for an ultra sound.
I nodded
A. Thank you very much.
She smiled and nodded
D. Good luck Alexis
A. Thank you
I stood up and shook her hand. I walked out of the building, feeling overwhelmed. A part of me is happy, but a part of me is scared that Logan won't support me. Im scared. How do I tell him?

I bought a small gift. I didn't know how to tell him, just tell him oh hey Logan! I went to the doctors today. We're having a baby! Yeah, fuck no. So I just decided to tell him with a gift.

 So I just decided to tell him with a gift

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.