Veggies

(Yes this is a real chapter, sorry I've been slacking off, depression ya know? She's a real pain. But look! I've stopped procrastinating.)

"No."

"No? Oh. I see how it is."

"Roman, stop quoting Mother Gothel!" Virgil called from the living room.

"Don't ruin my fun!"

"He just doesn't want to eat your burnt carrots, fair enough. You don't have to break into song over it!"

"Then you feed him the carrots!"

"Okay, sure."

Virgil walked into the living room, and Roman sashed way with an offended scoff, probably to complain to Remy.

"Hey, buddy. How ya doing on those carrots?"

"They're gross, dad."

"Yeah I know, we all hate carrots. But Roman swears they're good 'to maintain beauty'. How about I cook you some broccoli?"

"No thank you."

"Good to know you still have manners, but you gotta eat some veggies. What about celery, I can put peanut butter on it for you?"

"No."

"Tomatoes?"

"Solanum Lycopersicum are fruits."

Virgil smirked, happy that Logan never really changes, "What about some of those bell peppers Patton grows? He says you really like the garden."

"Not ripe yet. Potatoes?"

"We eat potatoes every day. How about this, I'm going to pick somethings out of the garden, and you can pick from those."

"Okay, dad."

Virgil smiled and left feeling a little proud. He really loved his FamILY, and making the kids happy made his day. 

Logan decided to sit and wait, choosing to get lost in thought.

"Watcha doing there, kiddo?" Patton had walked into the kitchen.

"I have to eat veggies."

"Oh. Do you know what makes vegetables better? Cheese!"

A few minutes later, Patton had made a plate of broccoli covered in cheese sauce. Logan was happily eating his cheese and broccoli.

"Cheese. I should have known." Virgil stood in the doorway pleasantly impressed by Patton's solution.

"You shouldn't be surprised, this is how I got you to eat asparagus."

"You're so good at this dad thing."

"You are too! You're a great dad! The kids love you."

"I guess, this just comes so naturally to you, I'm impressed but kinda jealous."

"I think you're doing an amazing job, Virge. I see how much effort you put in. No one else has ever known about 'tea parties' I throw. You care, Vee, that's all you need to do."

"Thanks, Patton."

"Of course, Virgil."

"I love you, Pat."

"I love you too, kiddo."

"Love you!"

"Love you too, Logie!"

~~~~

How do we like trying but insecure dad Virgil?

How you want to interpret the 'love yous' is up to you.

Love y'all.

~ Author-Chan