Well Then...

Virgil had always known about his, little issue. The others, however, were more than shocked to find out.

See, when Thomas gets overwhelmed, he can tend to fall into a panic attack. And when it gets bad enough for Virgil to voluntarily lock himself in his room, it can become a problem. Before he told them his name, the others never batted an eye went he was secluded in his room for days on end. Patton would worry, but he knew the kid needed space after attacks. But now was different, now they knew how he alone felt and decided he might appreciate the company. 

Unforchantly, Virgil was not expecting visitors. So when Patton came in with open arms for a hug, he almost fell over the child crying on the floor. Surprised, he knelt down and desperately tried to calm down the child. When the tiny little thing made grabby hands at Pat, he immediately took him in his arms and went to the common room. 

Noticing the Kiddo's clothing, the dad realized who the tiny one in his arms was. 

"Virgil?"

"Dear lord! That's Virgil?" yelled a certain prince from across the room. Pat hadn't seen him, but he did see the way Virge flinched at the loud noise.

"I think? Where's Logan?"

Logan tapped his shoulder before claiming, "I know what's happening."

"You do?"

"Thomas has recently experienced an extremely distressing event, correct?"

"Yes."

"In the past, Virgil has a record for closing himself off after simular circumcenters. I believe this is why. It is a couping mechanism known as regression, where he will revert to a time where he is less anxious."

"So he's a kid until things cool down?"

"Precisely."

Patton instinctively tightened his grip on Virgil. Virgil didn't seem to mind, instead clings to Pat closer. 

"So, I guess we gotta take care of the little guy till he's big again!"