Dada Vee

Everyone was surprised to see Logic desperately cling to Virgil's leg. 

A) because he was so vulnerable. And B) because usually, they clung to Patton as their 'dad' figure.

No one had known what triggered Logic's regression, even Thomas was oblivious, nothing had changed. In fact, no one had regressed in over 4 months.

Apparently, Logan as a child couldn't exactly handle excentricities. Loud noises made him visibly uncomfortable, and he didn't like to do much but reading and coloring. He was just, very reserved and quiet and well-mannered. Maybe it was only natural he held onto Virgil as the father figure. Virgil understood his limits, and never pushed him into an uncomfortable situation. Virgil was also more than happy to care for a kid who didn't bounce on the walls and preferred calming classical music to Baby Shark on repeat.

Logan wasn't much into contact either. He hugged Virgil goodnight, held his hand when they walked down the stairs, and gripped his pant leg when he wanted to leave. That was it. Virgil was only the slightest disappointed he wasn't as affectionate as the others, but he gladly respected Logan's personal space. 

They didn't do much. The only thing they do that requires effort was storytime, but not the stories you'd expect...

See it all started in the living room on Sunday:

Logan was coloring on the floor as Virgil sat on the coffee table watching BuzzFeed: Unsolved. Patton had strolled in holding a very thick book.

"Virge, I was cleaning your room-"

"Pat, you don't have to do that."

"Anyways, I found this book. Wasn't sure if it was yours or Logans."

"It's probably L's, what's it about?"

"The complete works of Edgar Allan Poe, apparently."

"Oh! Yeah, that's mine. Thought I lost it, Logan got me a bunch of dark novels for Christmas last year. Let me tell you, Edgar Allan Poe wrote very angsty stuff."

"That's great kiddo, is the Shakspere stuff yours two?"

"Just Macbeth, that was the courtesy of Roman."

"Alrighty then, I'm gonna make lunch for the famILY."

At this point, Logan's interest was peaked about the books. When Virgil placed it on the coffee table, Lo had snatched it looking at the words.

"Hey, buddy? Whatcha doing there?"

"I can't read it..." pouted the little guy.

"That's okay, come here."

Logan climbed into Virgil's lap and sat patiently. Virge flipped through the book to find a complicated enough story so he wouldn't understand all the creepy, gore stuff.

"Okay, how about this one," Virgil coughed, "Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary..."

And that's how it happened. Every night they read a new story, like The Oval Portrait, Annabelle Lee, The Bells, The Black Cat, and more.

Tonight they read, The Specticals~~~