Pat Bakes Cookies

Patton was standing there quietly, stirring his cookie dough carefully, once he noticed Logan at the table.

"Did you know, a lot of science goes into cookies, kiddo!"

Logan's big  doll eyes filled with aw, "Really?"

"Yeah! Like eggs, the only thing in the world that can do their job! They keep everything together!"

"What about flour?"

"Gives it structure!"

"What chocolate for?"

"Makes it taste good!" giggled Pat.

Logan gasped like the answer to life had just been handed to him.

"Food is all science, Lo!" Patton continued, "Baking is a chemistry."

"What's the word Virgil used..." muttered the child, "Right! That's light!"

Patton blinked twice before then giggling when he realized that Logan was trying to say, lit.

"Sure is, buddy!"

Patton had taken note to the fact that even a tiny Logan still needs flashcards...

"How about this, you come bake cookies with me, and I'll teach you how it works!"

"Hold on!"

Logan scrambles out of the kitchen, Patton gets concerned, but in a matter of minutes, Logan is back... But he's wearing an oversized cogitating cap.

"Awwwww! Okay, cookies!"

"Cookies!"

So, Patton and Logan ended up making 2 batches of cookies, a dozen cupcakes, 3 cakes, 20 brownies, an undetermined amount of scones, 2 loaves of banana bread, and an apple pie. All while Logan took notes on how it worked, and Patton was making a baker's dozen of puns. The kitchen was destroyed. It took three days of cleaning and there is still flour on the ceiling and eggs all over the fridge. The sides had a lot of baked desserts to get through before all of Patton and Logan's work went to waist.