Week 22 - Love Thy Boss

No song of the chapter this week because I couldn't find a song that would fit :(

I hope you guys like this update! Comment, vote, and all that cool stuff :)

_______________________________________________________________

                                                        July 16th, 2012

                                                     “Judge from Afar”

WWE Monday Night Raw LIVE!, Orleans Arena (Las Vegas, Nevada), backstage area, around . . . 9pm

*Leslie's POV*

It's been a day since I lost my titles, and I've received roughly 2,000 texts from family and friends telling me how much Kathryn sucks or how much I need to invoke my rematch clause tonight. I told Kathryn to win because Creative told me to surprise her. As if I actually wanted to lose! Friendship set firmly aside, I would have kicked Kath's *** nine ways to Sunday to retain those belts.

Still, though, she's one of my best friends and I love her and I'm happy for her.

As of now, however, I was preparing to cut a promo on my loss that'll lead to a feud—at least we hope—we Maxine. Thing about Maxine: I convinced her to stick it out about a month ago when she considered hanging up her boots. It was a close call, but I'm an awesome negotiator.

“You're gonna be watching tonight, right?” I asked a good friend of mine on my cell phone.

“Yes, don't worry, I have it on the channel now.” He laughed as he spoke and it perked me up; he never fails to bring up my mood when I need it brought up.

“Oh, wow, I didn't expect you knowing how to use a television, bro!” I exclaimed. “Or, you know, I thought it'd be so caked with dust from you neglecting it that the poor thing just wouldn't work.”

“Yeah, actually, I don't exactly know what I'm doing. Rachel's handling the controls for me.”

“That woman does everything for you,” I said, smiling because just by the tone of his voice, I could tell they were exchanging a glance.

“What can I say? She loves me too much to say no.”

“Is that why she didn't object to spending the remainder of the year and a little bit more on tour every single day with no sleep and awful road food?” I asked, stealing a potato chip from Zack Ryder's paper plate as I passed through catering. I dodged a swat from him and kicked the side of his calf before walking on.

“She knows we haven't seen each other in months and months and . . . well, she misses you as much as I do.”

I smiled. “I hope you both have enough energy to deal with my friends. You remember, I told you about them?”

“Oh . . . I remember that conversation,” he laughed. “Lemme see if I can remember: Kat and Justin, Chris and Kathryn, Alma and Mike, Phil is a single dad, and . . . what did you call AJ? . . . a lonely chicken?”

I laughed as I recalled our last phone call. “Yes, I believe that was the inch of tequila I had left over from six months ago talking, but yeah, she's single.” Something about that sentence struck wrong in my head, so I added, “But don't go around trying to make your fiancée jealous; AJ's feisty.”

“You mistake me for the cheating type, Les,” he said, clicking his tongue. “You really don't know me at all, do you?”

“Well, we all know your reputation,” I said jokingly.