Flashbacks: Kakashi (Pt 2)

Kakashi gave us another chance--a harder one he says--and even let us eat lunch...except for Naruto. And if we tried feeding him, that person automatically fails.

When he left, we started to eat, except, I just stare at my food. I know I can't eat human food, but I'm going crazy, and I should eat it even though I know I'll throw it up soon. Naruto's stomach grumbles, and everyone looks at him.

"This is no big deal! I can go without eating for days, for weeks!" He sarcastically shouts with an insane smile, "Believe me! This is no big deal!" His stomach grumbles again, and now, he just sulks. Sasuke gives him his tray.

"What? No, we can't do that. You heard what Sensei said," Sakura says.

"He'll be weak and ineffective, that hurts the team and jeopardizes the mission." Sasuke explains. Sakura agrees, holding out her lunch.

"Isn't that your lunch?" Naruto asks.

"It's okay, I'm..on a diet--I mean I don't need as much as--JUST TAKE IT NARUTO!"

"No, Naruto's right," I say, "that's your food, take mine."

Sasuke raises an eyebrow at me, his mind probably going like "are you dumb? You're gonna help out the idiot when you haven't even eaten? You're much stronger than them; eat the food because you can carry the team with me."

"You haven't even touched your food?" Sasuke asks.

"Y-yeah, I can't eat this anyway actually," I shove it toward Sakura.

"Huh? Now's not the time to be picky," she worries.

"I'm not picky. I just...can't eat that..uh..allergic." I lie.

"At least eat some rice," Sasuke says concerned.

"Can't."

"Allergic to rice?" Naruto asks.

"NO!" I shout. "Look, it's just complicated. Now eat before Kakashi Sensei comes back. I got this. I'll be fine." After Sakura's complaining about feeding Naruto, she does...but a big cloud of smoke appears, and it's none other than Kakashi Sensei.

"You broke the rules! I hope you're ready for the punishment!" He does some Jutsu that formed dark clouds and lightning. "Any last words?"

"We're all on this one together!" Sasuke first says.

"Yeah, we're all weighed together!" Sakura stands up.

"Three of you are one? That's your excuse?! You pass." Kakashi Sensei suddenly smiles. The clouds leave, and we're all shook and confused. "You were the first squad to ever succeed. Those who break rules are scum, but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum."

After being dismissed, Kakashi Sensei told me to stay. He stands in front of me as I'm shaking my head with a smile. "You bastard, this is why you wanted to send me here instead, huh?"

He chuckles. "Correct. You must learn teamwork to successfully carry out what you need."

"But Sensei, I don't want them to fight in my battles. I don't want them getting hurt."

"Who says they're going to fight your battles? Teamwork, in your terms, is just something you have to learn to get an understanding of more challenges."

"But--"

"Enough talk," he shushes, putting a finger on my lips, "you must eat." He moves aside his jacket to pull out another box, and I instantly smell the delicious scent. As we sit down, he pulls out another box for himself, and we start eating.