The Blossom Tree

As of Before...

I really hope it wasn't destroyed. That was the only place I could ever hang around by myself.

It's really special and important to me.

Your POV:

I stopped in my tracks as I came upon the forest where my tree is supposed to be in.

I grew nervous as I noticed that parts of the forest were destroyed, the soil visible due to the meteor rocks' impact of scraping across the ground.

"Maybe there is a possible chance," I hoped, regaining breath before I sprinted off again.

As nature pasts me, I noticed a couple of depressed and torn blossom trees that meant no matter to me. Although, it did make me even more anxious and hopeless.

It was just that tree I needed to see, like a friend who needs to be seen after a terrible incident.

That tree...it's everything I ever and only have when I was brought to City Z by Sensei.

As I headed closer, I kicked myself off a bark and safety rolled, so I wouldn't damage the grass.

I then got up only on my knees as I stared ahead, breathing hard more from worrying than running.

There it was. The sun shone directly at it, the other trees in the back looking the gloomiest.

I laughed happily as it was perfectly fine.

The blossoms hung from the tree shifting with the wind, looking unbothered as if they didn't fear the meteor's rocks.

Although, right in front of me, my sitting spot was kinda ruined. The soil dug up from a hit, so even the pretty flowers were gone.

But at least my tree was okay. I pushed myself up and went to crouch down in front of it, carefully running my fingers over my initials I had marked years ago.

As a breeze swept through the forest, a pink blossom landed on my shoulder, and I smiled, taking it in my hands.

I could tell it had just bloomed probably a few days ago. After a week or two, they'd all start falling off then repeat its cycle of blooming again.

"I've nurtured you enough," I said to the blossom proudly and glanced up at the other blossoms on the branches.

"You're strong as ever, like me now, and I shall continue to take care of you as you took care of me over the years."

I carefully set the blossom down and easily climbed the tree and sat on a branch to get a higher view.

"Man, even your branches are thicker," I laugh, "have you been working out?"

"Now, grass," I thought as I observed the destroyed spot, "Flowers and plants, but mostly grass...lots of it."

I jumped back down and ran to the garden shop...if it's not destroyed.

"SCORE!" I punch the air victoriously as it was just all right.

It was the unlucky mini convenience store next to it that wasn't.

"Give it up! Give it up!" I heard a crowd shouting, but I ignored it as I went in.

As I looked at the bags of grass seeds, I noticed this place looked empty.

Not surprised anyway since it looked like an apocalypse just passed.

There was a 50 lbs bag and a 100 lbs bag. I can barely carry 50 pounds, but I need the 100 lbs one.