{ 52 }

k.th :

It was the next day. Jungkook woke up first and then got me out of bed too, well actually the couch. We woke Miyoung up, too. Then we fixed the sobbing lady some breakfast and sat down with her around the dining room table.

"So, walk us through. What happened that night? What could've triggered him to run away?", I asked Miyoung, she looked distressed. I tried being as friendly as possible, I didn't want Miyoung to breakdown in a loud cry of sorrow and pain.

A small silence filled the room, like a vail slowly descending down on us, covering our heads with nothing but static. No answers were spoken by Miyoung, nor were there any suggestions from Jungkook and I, till Miyoung opened her mouth to speak.

"We... talked...", She sighed, "...he said... he was done with me and that his plan backfired... I was- and still am, so confused...". Miyoung covered her face in her palms. "What do you mean by "his plan"? How did it backfire?", Jungkook asked, curious and confused.

Miyoung shook her head. "I don't know. I don't know, at all.", She sighed, her stressed state getting worse by the minute, "He just said he'll be out for a few days or something like that... I don't know...", Miyoung whaled out, she started sobbing.

I shook my head, bitterly chuckling, "He's always done this... when I was a kid he used to always say "I'll leave for a few days" and he always came back, so if he hasn't changed he'll come back." I reassured Miyoung, giving her a forced smile.

The memory of my dad's back faced to me as he closed the door behind him, hearing his heavy footsteps slowly walk away further and further away from me echoing in my mind. As a kid that was tough. I never did ask him what he did and where did he go when he left. It was always less than two days, more often a few hours.

"Sorry, TaeTae...", Jungkook sighed, giving me a hug. I gladly took my beautiful baby into my arms, hugging him tightly. "He'll be back. We just have to wait. We'll demand an explanation from him, okay?", I smiled at Miyoung, she just nodded with a light frown.

"All you have to do is just... relax. Don't bother calling him or finding him. He'll come back when he wants to... also he's not your responsibility.", I reassured Miyoung, as she nodded. Getting up from her chair and shuffling cutely to the kitchen, Miyoung made herself a cup of tea and spent the rest of the day on her couch eating cookies and drinking tea, watching different movies and K-dramas.

———

j.jk :

Seven days. A week and there was no sign of Yoohan. My mother was starting to get stressed and panicked, thinking he got in to some kind of accident or even killed. But Taehyung reassured her he was fine, and just being a dickhead.

Taehyung called him everyday multiple times, but there was still no sign of Yoohan anywhere. So, Taehyung went on a bar search, he knew all the bars his father loved. So, he tried them first. No luck.

Taehyung tried to find his father from the museum, park, library, grocery store, shopping mall, swimming hall, bus station, train station, aquarium, zoo, everywhere. But Yoohan was nowhere.

Taehyung finally gave up. He tried calling Yoohan on the fifth day of him being gone. But as you may have guessed, no one answered.

We went to sleep like any normal night. Well, whatever was considered a normal night after Yoohan's disappearance. Taehyung promised Miyoung he'd go to the police station the next day and report a missing person, which eased my mother's stress and insomnia a bit.

We were all sleeping, comfortably. When at about three in the morning Taehyung got up, waking me up from my slumber in the process.

He jogged down the stairs, me doing the same trying to catch up to him, as I whispered his name pleading him to rest and just get back in bed. When he suddenly came to a halt at the door frame of our hallway. I peeked over Taehyung's shoulder to look at who was he looking at with such a sour expression.