{ 7 }

j.jk :

"Cute", I could hear Taehyung very silently whisper under his breath. "W-what?", I asked in a shocked tone at his words, which was quite unnecessary as I know he is flirty.

"Hmm?", Taehyung smoothly covered his compliment with a hum. "What did you whisper?", I looked at him straight into his beautiful brown eyes. "Don't worry about it.", He smirked at me and placed his left hand slightly above my knee. I felt a bright blush creep onto my face slowly, as Taehyung's hand pat me above my knee.

"Boys! Lunch is ready!", My mother called for us from downstairs.

I got up as I felt Taehyung's hand slide off. I turned my gaze back at the floor and stared at my shoes, they were old and dirty. Taehyung got up too and followed me downstairs to the dining room.

It was nicely decorated at least more than usually. My mother had placed an expensive white tablecloth and used decorative plates and serving dishes, she really goes all out on the most simple things.

I sat down on the chair I usually sit in and Taehyung sat opposite to me. My mother sat beside me and Yoohan sat opposite to her. "Let's dig in!", my mother chirped happily and gestured us to get some food. Yoohan scooped some rice and oxtail onto his plate and so did Taehyung. My mother got some food onto her plate as well and I got mine last.

"How are you liking your new home Tae?", My mom tried starting a conversation with a bubbly voice and a smile. I try to look at Taehyung through my eyelashes as I didn't want to seem too desperate to know what he's thinking about. Yoohan turns to look at him too with a glass of water touching his lower lip.

Taehyung narrows his eyebrows slightly, like he was thinking of an answer. He looked up at my mom and cleared his throat before stating what he had thought about. "Well... It's certainly much better than our old home.", Taehyung answered in a monotoned voice and turned to look at Yoohan, he nodded in approval.

"Well I'm glad you like it better here.", My mother continued smiling. She looked around at the table and cleared her throat. "So umm... you and Jungkook have met?", She continued while glancing at the both of us. I nodded while keeping my head down.

"Yes, but I don't know him very well, yet.", Taehyung looked straight at me with a friendly smirk. "Well you have a lot of time to get to know each other.", Yoohan chimed in with a chuckle as he drank some water. "Hey, tell us a bit about yourself Kookie.", My mom turned to look at me with a smile.

I thought for a second. What was I going to say? I'm a straight A student, whom gets bullied after school and has no friends except for the popular Park Jimin, but he has no time to spend on me? Sounds accurate, but stupid.

"I umm-", I paused for a bit to rethink. "I get pretty okay grades...", I mumbled still keeping my head bowed low. "Pretty okay? Hah! Son, your grades are better than Mr.Kim's over here.", Yoohan chuckled whilst nudging Taehyung's shoulder. He looked uncomfortable while his father was chuckling at his grades. Poor Taehyung. I wanted to hug him and tell him that it's okay. And that he's not stupid.

"But Taehyung is artistically an A+ student.", My mother smiled at Taehyung. She kicked Yoohan in the shins under the table and the poor man choked on water. He let out a few coughs and gags, but no water was spilt.

"Tell us a bit about your photography.", She continued as she glared at Yoohan. "I take pictures of these two models that are my friends; Jin and Jisoo. I also like taking pictures of scenery and other beautiful things.", Taehyung stopped and looked at me with his chocolate colored eyes through his long eyelashes. He gave me a mischievous smirk that flipped my food in my stomach.