{ 39 }

Trigger warning: Very graphic mentions of violence

j.jk :

I ran away as fast as I could, my legs were carrying me by instinct to the back of the school, which was a dangerous setting for me, but I had nowhere else to go. I had no choice, but to hide there. I wiped my wet eyes on the sleeves of my shirt to clear my vision, before leaning on the cold brick wall catching my breath, while sliding down the flat surface to sit with my knees up to my chest, while I hugged my legs. This was a comforting position for me, and as I didn't have Taehyung by my side I need all the comfort I can give myself. Once I got my breathing back to normal, it was time to clear my thoughts; time to process everything that just happened a couple of minutes ago.

I ran away from the boy I love the most. Why the fuck did I do that? Why did I run away from the boy I've wanted to confess to, too? Taehyung could make me smile even when I felt like an absolutely failure. He told me once that my smile was the only reward in this world he needed. He saved my life, even if it was a risk for him. He introduced me to amazing people, and gave me a chance to make friends, without any hesitation whatsoever. I had the perfect boy confess to me, the perfect guy for me, but I ran away.

My reason for running away is pretty shitty: I was afraid and panicked at the sudden romantic gesture. I didn't think of anything smarter to say or do than apologize and run away. I'm pretty sure the feeling of being scared about the confession came from a simple fact: he's my stepbrother. It's wrong, but it feels oddly right. He's like a magnet pulling me to him everyday just an inch more, and I can't resist the urge to love him, more than just a sibling. Why does Kim Taehyung have to be the way he is? He isn't making his nor my life any easier.

My thoughts brought me to think about Taehyung, and how heart broken he must be right now. Confessing to someone and having them just run away, isn't a good sign. I really regret whatever my impulsive panic attack made me do, I wish I had calmed down, thought about the situation and maybe asked for some time to think about this whole thing.

Actually I didn't need any time to think at all, if Taehyung wasn't my stepbrother I would've jumped at him with a massive kiss and never let go. But as the universe decided to be cruel, we ended up meeting each other as stepbrothers. Life is a bitch sometimes.

I was starting to miss Taehyung, as my thoughts kept circling around him, always coming back to him whenever I tried thinking about something else. I was feeling bad for leaving him, running away from him just like that without any explanation or a simple reason.

I wanted to go to Taehyung and apologize, maybe even explain my sudden escape. I wanted to hug him tightly and never let go, ever. I wanted to kiss him for as long as possible. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't want to see me for awhile, so I pulled my phone out and texted him.

~~~

RookieKookie:
Tae.
Please come see me at
the back of the school.
I'm sorry, I promise to explain!
Just please give me a second chance!!!

~~~

I pocketed my phone and waited for a reply, when I heard footsteps coming from the corner of the wall I was leaning on. I got up in ecstatic excitement, thinking it was Taehyung. But as life is truly being a bitch today I got an unpleasant surprise.

Instead of my sweet Taehyung popping out of the corner, someone else revealed themselves with a grim smirk and dark cackles filling the previously empty and silent atmosphere with a dark aura, radiating from the visitor.

"Hello, puppy.", Cheolmin chuckled with a sinister grin etching itself on his face. His pocket knife resting on his right hand. And all I could think in this moment was: